Hitachi Consulting

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Consultant Interview

Get two rounds phone call interviews from tech lead. All technical questions. Some of them are very detailed ones.Get the onsite offer after one week.

Oracle PIM Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

If any one get any openings from Hitachi Consulting regarding Oracle PIM or MDM interviews, please don't take it. They are conducting fake interviews just to get information from you how you have implemented PIM in your own company.
    This applies to all the niche technologies currently in market.

My interview was less of questions and more of his doubts on how I proceeded to define the approach and implement solution.
    If at any point of time you feel you are being used, just start giving wrong answers to fool them.
    A company needs experienced resources, not trained freshers.
    My interview lasted for 30mins and it ended when I had to force myself that I dont want to divulge any more information.
    I Pity the company.

Interview Questions
    • You can understand how worse the resources of the company are that they had to conduct fake interviews to gather information. Awful and shameless.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Consultant Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions
    • -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.

Answer Question

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Hiring process is robust and transparent

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Contract to hire, so no problem for me.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
    "Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
      2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
      3) How much experience have you had with excel?

Answer Question

SharePoint Consultant Interview

1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
    2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
    3) I had one interview with a manager.
    4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
    4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...