Hitachi Consulting

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there.

The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Hiring Process is very smooth, i had one telephonic round and second round face to face, they make us comfortable during interview.infact i enjoyed the interview rounds. very nice people

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

overall It was good experience with the interview & hiring process. From start to ends , the recruiter person helped a lot & for each & every processed during interviewing.

Manager Interview

I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.

Senior Consultant II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The hiring process was very intense. I had 6 years of prior IT experience. My recuirter was constantly in touch with me during the entire process. I had to go through 3 technical interviews on the phone after an initial HR interview. Each interview had a time gap of 2 weeks and the interview happened only on fridays. All phone interviews were mostly technical based on my prior experience. The questions were based on real time scenarios. After I had cleared the 3 rounds of phone interview, they had asked me to come down for a face to face interview to their Atlanta office. All expenses were paid. I met a senior manager at their office who was available all day to help me. They also took me out for lunch with a vice president. I had another 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Most of it was technical.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions were based on prior experience. They would read line by line of the resume and ask for what was the exact process we followed and what was my role. Most Difficult: If you had a chance to tell the product owner of a tool some suggestions on the tool - what would they be?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Questions
    • Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Consultant - Software Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2014.

I attended an off-campus drive recently. As it was an off-campus so the response was equally good, and the company officials were also overwhelmed with such response. The procedure included a written test, group discussion then a couple of personal interviews.
    Round-1 Written Round
    It included two tests - technical and verbal. Each test consisted of 50 questions, with 50 minutes for the verbal and 1 hour for the technical test.
    The questions in verbal were very easy - like What is the full form of CV? yes, you read it correct! and etc..
    The level of technical test was good. It included questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, Cloud Computing, Big Data.
    Out of 800 applicants - only 70 people were shortlisted for the next round.

Round-2 Group Discussion
    Well 7 groups were formed of 10 candidates each and there were given a topic on the spot for discussion for about 12-15 minutes.
    The topic was - How India is the land of great job opportunities as compared to various other countries?
    The other topic, I could hear was - Salman Khan vs ShahRukh Khan.

A tip - before attending the drive, kindly acquire a piece of information about the number of offers the company is wishing to make. This will help you a lot in your preparation, as you'll prepare for clearing the rounds even if the cut-off goes high.

All the best!

Interview Questions
    • Output related questions from C, C++, and Java. The query building questions from DBMS.   Answer Question