Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was a campus hire so my interview process will be relevant for those just graduating from college. I submitted my resume to the university job portal and was called for an in-person interview taking place at my school. I interviewed with a senior manager for 30 minutes and was called one week later for a final round of interviews at the Hitachi Dallas office. The day before the final interview, there was an interview dinner with several VPs, managers, and consultants which helped us break the ice before the interview day and meet the other interviewees. The day of the final interview was a full day (8am-4pm) with 3 different interviews (behavioral and a little technical) as well as lunch with consultants and a case study.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do I want to do consulting?
      2. What interested me most about Hitachi Consulting specifically?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Was called by consultant and they forwarded my CV to Hitachi. Next day got a call for phone interview the same week. Phone interview went well and was selected for the final face to face round with consultants from Japan. It also was ok. No unexpected questions.
    After that the consultant called me next day and told feedback was positive but their process is slow. So have to wait a while for offer. One month over and no offer came and I accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to what was written in CV. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Manager Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Was a pretty lengthy process. After the initial interviews, did not hear anything for a couple of months and then things moved forward again. Turns out, they were waiting for the projects to lined up before proceeding.

Dallas is the main hub, so after the phone screens, you are asked to come down to Dallas to meet the crew for another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a product design environment, how do you think you feel about consulting   Answer Question
    • Talk about an instance when you missed deadlines and how did you handle the scenario   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

Met at Campus Career fair. Greeter was incredible and immediately got me interested.

Applied on school career portal, was notified that I was accepted to first round interviews.
    Invited to drinks with all interviewers the night before interviews- casual but clearly important to see how well we fit with other applicants and current employees.

First round interview was 2 seperate people, 45 mins each, all behavioral as expected.
    Second round was brutal- partially because my interviewer was really tough and asked 3-4 brain teasers, and tried to throw me multiple times. Probably hardest non full case interview I've ever had. Walked out thinking I wouldn't be getting a call back, but got a personal email from my interviewer saying he was happy I made it through his tough questions and he was excited to invite me to final rounds.

Final rounds were awesome, all other applicants were so ambitious and friendly- I wanted all of us to get hired together.. the two day final interview process included a team building exercise, dinner, drinks, and and a day full of case interviews (group case to see how well you can work together without trying to show off), presentations, and meetings with VP's.

Every thing about the process made me want to be part of the company, because they went out of their way to show you how important cultural fit was to the firm- and how awesome it would be to work with other hitachi consultants.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, brain teasers (ping pong balls in room), harvard business case (group case question)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I got referred by an employee that worked there. I got an email back to schedule an initial phone screening within a week. After about 20-30 minutes of regular interview questions, she told me honestly and clearly that there is no opening that she sees fit at this point. It was disappointing but it was a quick and honest interview process

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied at a career fair on campus. People there were great and very friendly and helpful. was invited a few days later to an on campus info session. After that, round 1 of the interview. It was a 45 min scheduled interview on campus. Round 2 was at their location two weeks later. I did the first interview and was done in about 30 minutes. talked mainly about my experience, projects I've worked on, style of dispute resolution, how I would pick a team, why Hitachi? and this one was a little odd: define strategy. Interviewer was very closed off it seemed. Talking fast, trying to get the interview done with quickly. seemed very rigid, business focused.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experiences   1 Answer
    • What specific projects have you worked on?   Answer Question
    • How have you handled disagreements in teams? What is your dispute resolution style?   1 Answer
    • give me an example of a time you had to pick a team   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Consultant Core Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Smooth process. Two rounds of screening process. Relevant questions were asked. The topics were mainly on personality questions, leadership questions, technical and client related questions. They will also check with your referrals.

Interview Questions

• What typical client challenged you faced and how you handles it?   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Over the phone and f2f. Was referred by an ex-colleague and recommendations from previous managers. Was informal as this was basically a relocation post and my profile fit in nicely to their immediate requirements.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a bit different than expected there are total of 5 rounds and these are as follows :-
    Written Technical and verbal round
    40 questions each
    (as far as i remember :P)
    They declared the result in some time but obviously i was happy as even after the delay the result was good.
    Second was the GD round
    they divided us in teams and while the first two teams were in for a GD we were made to write an essay about the movie that we liked the most
    then the GD took place it was a nice round
    finally the interviews started and the interviews were in the following sequence
    Technical round
    HR Round
    Managerial Interview Round
    The Technical interview was good it had questions from Data Structures mostly

Interview Questions

• Some questions were dynamic once you answered one they counter asked something by increasing the level of the question   1 Answer