Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting
- Consultant (70)
- Senior Consultant (19)
- Manager (11)
- Senior Manager (4)
- Senior Consultant II (3)
- Human Resources (2)
- Consulting Manager (2)
- Associate Consultant (2)
- Manager, Specialized Services (2)
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Not Sure (1)
- Director Business Strategy Services (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Entrly Level Consultant (1)
- Dynamics Ax Consultant (1)
- Oracle Applications SCM Functional EBS (1)
- Manager Technology Solutions (1)
- Senior Manager, Specialized Services (1)
- Oracle PIM Functional Consultant (1)
- Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant (1)
- Analyst/Human Resources Department (1)
- Consultant - Software Developer Position (1)
- Entry Consultant CORE (1)
- Consultant Core (1)
- Haphazard (1)
- SharePoint Architect (1)
- SharePoint Consultant (1)
- Human Resources Business Partner (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- No Offer
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.
1. Submitted resume at Career Fair 2. On-Campus Interview 3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine
- Business Case Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive Experience
I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).
- There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point. Answer Question
No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.
Helpful (8)No OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in July 2014.
I attended an off-campus drive recently. As it was an off-campus so the response was equally good, and the company officials were also overwhelmed with such response. The procedure included a written test, group discussion then a couple of personal interviews. Round-1 Written Round It included two tests - technical and verbal. Each test consisted of 50 questions, with 50 minutes for the verbal and 1 hour for the technical test. The questions in verbal were very easy - like What is the full form of CV? yes, you read it correct! and etc.. The level of technical test was good. It included questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, Cloud Computing, Big Data. Out of 800 applicants - only 70 people were shortlisted for the next round. Round-2 Group Discussion Well 7 groups were formed of 10 candidates each and there were given a topic on the spot for discussion for about 12-15 minutes. The topic was - How India is the land of great job opportunities as compared to various other countries? The other topic, I could hear was - Salman Khan vs ShahRukh Khan. A tip - before attending the drive, kindly acquire a piece of information about the number of offers the company is wishing to make. This will help you a lot in your preparation, as you'll prepare for clearing the rounds even if the cut-off goes high. All the best!
- Output related questions from C, C++, and Java. The query building questions from DBMS. Answer Question
Helpful (5)Declined OfferNegative Experience
If any one get any openings from Hitachi Consulting regarding Oracle PIM or MDM interviews, please don't take it. They are conducting fake interviews just to get information from you how you have implemented PIM in your own company. This applies to all the niche technologies currently in market. My interview was less of questions and more of his doubts on how I proceeded to define the approach and implement solution. If at any point of time you feel you are being used, just start giving wrong answers to fool them. A company needs experienced resources, not trained freshers. My interview lasted for 30mins and it ended when I had to force myself that I dont want to divulge any more information. I Pity the company.
- You can understand how worse the resources of the company are that they had to conduct fake interviews to gather information. Awful and shameless. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive Experience
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.
I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.
- Why are you interested in going into consulting? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.
typically interviews are haphazard and lack structure, cohesive communication. you will typically have to follow up on your own. you submit your resume, there's a phone screen. there's schedulign of the in office visits
- varies depending on who you get. some are behavioral / cbi-based Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA).
1 on campus interview (behavioral) 5 in office interview - 1st was behavioral w/ a VP - 2nd was a case interview (super easy short cases w/ zero calculations) - 3rd was a group case - 4th was an interview to assess if i was technical or not - 5th was another behavioral but more focused on situational stuff (tell me a time when you...)
- Why consulting? 1 Answer
no negotiation, take it or leave it.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)).
Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.
- There was no difficult question. Very basic questions 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2011.
had many levels of interview and most of the times the interviewer had no clarity on the demands of the role they are recruiting.i had 4 levels of interview and the question are not related to the role they are recruiting me for.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Hitachi Consulting Employees Are Saying
Pros: “Great culture. Leadership truly fosters junior resources to get involved in activities outside of client work. It's a great place to get started in consulting but not to stay long-term.”“Great culture. Leadership truly fosters junior resources to get involved in activities outside of client work. It's a great place to get started in consulting but not to stay long-term.” – Full Review