Hitachi Consulting

112 candidate interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation Details – They agreed.

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsanguage issue with other Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsconsultantsLanguage Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants with other consultants

Interview Question – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants   Answer Question

Consultant - Software Developer Position Interview

Consultant - Software Developer Position
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2014.

Interview Details – I attended an off-campus drive recently. As it was an off-campus so the response was equally good, and the company officials were also overwhelmed with such response. The procedure included a written test, group discussion then a couple of personal interviews.
Round-1 Written Round
It included two tests - technical and verbal. Each test consisted of 50 questions, with 50 minutes for the verbal and 1 hour for the technical test.
The questions in verbal were very easy - like What is the full form of CV? yes, you read it correct! and etc..
The level of technical test was good. It included questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, Cloud Computing, Big Data.
Out of 800 applicants - only 70 people were shortlisted for the next round.

Round-2 Group Discussion
Well 7 groups were formed of 10 candidates each and there were given a topic on the spot for discussion for about 12-15 minutes.
The topic was - How India is the land of great job opportunities as compared to various other countries?
The other topic, I could hear was - Salman Khan vs ShahRukh Khan.

A tip - before attending the drive, kindly acquire a piece of information about the number of offers the company is wishing to make. This will help you a lot in your preparation, as you'll prepare for clearing the rounds even if the cut-off goes high.

All the best!

Interview Question – Output related questions from C, C++, and Java. The query building questions from DBMS.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Question – Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.

Very Easy Interview

Not Sure Interview

Not Sure
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. Perhaps deceptively easy. I had a one on one interview on campus and was then invited back to the regional office for the second and final round of interviews. There was a breakfast Q & A with several of the JR consultants and then the rest of the interviews started. Each person was assigned to an office and that was their "home base" and three senior managers and one VP rotated into the office to interview. Four separate 30 minute interviews which were all very conversational. There were hardly any "traditional" interview questions, but it depended on the style of the interviewer. After all the interviews three interviewees were taken out to lunch by one of the JR consultants from the Q & A session.

Interview Questions

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2008.

Interview Details – I met with Hitachi Consulting’s HR group at a Career Fair at my University. After speaking with the group about my current internship and my interests with Hitachi Consulting, I was asked to interview with the company. The interview process took 3 weeks. I was interviewed on two different occasions. The first interview was a group interview where 8 possible candidates were introduced to Hitachi Consulting. We broke out into sessions and were asked basic interviewing questions such as "Why would you be a good fit for Hitachi Consulting, tell us a little more about your resume and the work that you did at (Blank), etc.". After making it through the first round a few of the candidates were called back for second interviews. In this session we were questioned by 6 different employees. The questions revolved around process flows, project experience, general interest in Hitachi Consulting, prior work experience, etc. The interview process as a whole was relatively painless. The current employees were pleasant, professional, and dedicated to Hitachi.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to negotiate. I would strongly recommend you negotiate your base salary with Hitachi Consulting. You are expected to work long hours at client sites and the bonus isn’t worth posting. Review the average salaries on this site and aim higher.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. Spoke with a manager, sr manager and vp. Lasted about 3 hours total. Interview with vp was mainly them selling the company, talking about culture, etc. White boarded a few scenarios with sr manager. Fairly standard interview. Not difficult

Interview Question – No question stood out as being particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really. Initial offer was fair though