Hitachi Consulting

107 candidate interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation Details – They agreed.

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsanguage issue with other Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsconsultantsLanguage Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants with other consultants

Interview Question – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Not Sure Interview

Not Sure
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. Perhaps deceptively easy. I had a one on one interview on campus and was then invited back to the regional office for the second and final round of interviews. There was a breakfast Q & A with several of the JR consultants and then the rest of the interviews started. Each person was assigned to an office and that was their "home base" and three senior managers and one VP rotated into the office to interview. Four separate 30 minute interviews which were all very conversational. There were hardly any "traditional" interview questions, but it depended on the style of the interviewer. After all the interviews three interviewees were taken out to lunch by one of the JR consultants from the Q & A session.

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2008.

Interview Details – I met with Hitachi Consulting’s HR group at a Career Fair at my University. After speaking with the group about my current internship and my interests with Hitachi Consulting, I was asked to interview with the company. The interview process took 3 weeks. I was interviewed on two different occasions. The first interview was a group interview where 8 possible candidates were introduced to Hitachi Consulting. We broke out into sessions and were asked basic interviewing questions such as "Why would you be a good fit for Hitachi Consulting, tell us a little more about your resume and the work that you did at (Blank), etc.". After making it through the first round a few of the candidates were called back for second interviews. In this session we were questioned by 6 different employees. The questions revolved around process flows, project experience, general interest in Hitachi Consulting, prior work experience, etc. The interview process as a whole was relatively painless. The current employees were pleasant, professional, and dedicated to Hitachi.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to negotiate. I would strongly recommend you negotiate your base salary with Hitachi Consulting. You are expected to work long hours at client sites and the bonus isn’t worth posting. Review the average salaries on this site and aim higher.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. Spoke with a manager, sr manager and vp. Lasted about 3 hours total. Interview with vp was mainly them selling the company, talking about culture, etc. White boarded a few scenarios with sr manager. Fairly standard interview. Not difficult

Interview Question – No question stood out as being particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really. Initial offer was fair though

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a relatively painless process. There was a consultant to walk me to the interviewer's room. I asked him about some of his work and why he worked at Hitachi. Then I went in for a 1:1 interview with the VP and he asked me a series of behavioral questions. They're mainly trying to get to know you better during the first round. They got back to me in a couple days.

Interview Question – Talk about a project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two Rounds of Interviews

1st round consisted of 2 30 minutes 1 on 1 interviews--mostly behavioral questions and resume explanation

2nd round consisted of 3 half hour 1 on 1 interviews and a case study

overall a very stress free interview process

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit in this position given you do not have any prior consulting experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

Interview Details – had a detailed process

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – agreeable

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting