Hitachi Consulting

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there.

The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2014.

Initial communication came from them, I was pleased and went along for 1st interview with the UK head of consulting at a client site near to me, that seemed to go well and was then invited in to the London office and found that I'd been given the right name but wrong role title of the chap I met, so I had prepared for a BI interview and got a Datawarehouse interview, I have since heard nothing. No excuse for such rudeness.

Interview Questions
    • What methods can you use to get data in from an external source   Answer Question

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question
    They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
        Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Great communication and planning before the interview, and they seemed very keen. They offered to skip the first interview and went straight to a technical challenge, which was relatively straight-forward if you know your stuff. Their office in a great location on the London Riverside (although the numbering system is crazy, so don't panic if you pass buildings numbers 1, 6 and 3 in that order!). The people came across as very friendly in person. Unfortunately after the interview their communication has been abysmal, with absolutely no contact afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The interview mainly consisted of many different "guess what I'm thinking of" or "say the magic phrase" type questions.   Answer Question