Hitachi Consulting

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2008.

I met with Hitachi Consulting’s HR group at a Career Fair at my University. After speaking with the group about my current internship and my interests with Hitachi Consulting, I was asked to interview with the company. The interview process took 3 weeks. I was interviewed on two different occasions. The first interview was a group interview where 8 possible candidates were introduced to Hitachi Consulting. We broke out into sessions and were asked basic interviewing questions such as "Why would you be a good fit for Hitachi Consulting, tell us a little more about your resume and the work that you did at (Blank), etc.". After making it through the first round a few of the candidates were called back for second interviews. In this session we were questioned by 6 different employees. The questions revolved around process flows, project experience, general interest in Hitachi Consulting, prior work experience, etc. The interview process as a whole was relatively painless. The current employees were pleasant, professional, and dedicated to Hitachi.

Interview Questions
    Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to negotiate. I would strongly recommend you negotiate your base salary with Hitachi Consulting. You are expected to work long hours at client sites and the bonus isn’t worth posting. Review the average salaries on this site and aim higher.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Pretty easy interview. Spoke with a manager, sr manager and vp. Lasted about 3 hours total. Interview with vp was mainly them selling the company, talking about culture, etc. White boarded a few scenarios with sr manager. Fairly standard interview. Not difficult

Interview Questions
    Not really. Initial offer was fair though

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

It was a relatively painless process. There was a consultant to walk me to the interviewer's room. I asked him about some of his work and why he worked at Hitachi. Then I went in for a 1:1 interview with the VP and he asked me a series of behavioral questions. They're mainly trying to get to know you better during the first round. They got back to me in a couple days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2011.

Two Rounds of Interviews

1st round consisted of 2 30 minutes 1 on 1 interviews--mostly behavioral questions and resume explanation

2nd round consisted of 3 half hour 1 on 1 interviews and a case study

overall a very stress free interview process

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit in this position given you do not have any prior consulting experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

had a detailed process

agreeable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2009.

Was referred in by an industry contact.
    Unfortunately, Hitachi has made a few waves of layoffs recently.

They are looking to staff consultants with extremely technical skills.
    This does not mean they are on a pure hiring freeze, but look elsewhere if you are more aligned towards functional or process related projects.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through an implementation project from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the nuances of acceptance testing, deployment, and training?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had to far. The interviewer asked me to list three things that we would like to focus on/remember for the interview. Then I expanded on those three things I chose. It helped because I was able to list my strengths and use my experiences to help back them up. The interviewer was easy going and great to get along with. In addition, I received a call instead of a mass email saying that they were not going to continue the process.

Interview Questions
    • List three aspects, skills, or experiences of yours to tell me about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Questions
    • If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Behavioral Interview Questions on campus. Sat with both an alumni and a current architect. Extremely straight forward. Expand on your resume tell me more about this experience. They asked a lot about leadership and project management. Very nice experience and very easy interview. Most difficult question was how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?

Interview Questions
    • how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?   Answer Question