Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews

112 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

It was a relatively painless process. There was a consultant to walk me to the interviewer's room. I asked him about some of his work and why he worked at Hitachi. Then I went in for a 1:1 interview with the VP and he asked me a series of behavioral questions. They're mainly trying to get to know you better during the first round. They got back to me in a couple days.

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2011.

Two Rounds of Interviews

1st round consisted of 2 30 minutes 1 on 1 interviews--mostly behavioral questions and resume explanation

2nd round consisted of 3 half hour 1 on 1 interviews and a case study

overall a very stress free interview process

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit in this position given you do not have any prior consulting experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

had a detailed process

agreeable

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2009.

Was referred in by an industry contact.
    Unfortunately, Hitachi has made a few waves of layoffs recently.

They are looking to staff consultants with extremely technical skills.
    This does not mean they are on a pure hiring freeze, but look elsewhere if you are more aligned towards functional or process related projects.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through an implementation project from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the nuances of acceptance testing, deployment, and training?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had to far. The interviewer asked me to list three things that we would like to focus on/remember for the interview. Then I expanded on those three things I chose. It helped because I was able to list my strengths and use my experiences to help back them up. The interviewer was easy going and great to get along with. In addition, I received a call instead of a mass email saying that they were not going to continue the process.

Interview Questions
    • List three aspects, skills, or experiences of yours to tell me about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Questions
    • If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Behavioral Interview Questions on campus. Sat with both an alumni and a current architect. Extremely straight forward. Expand on your resume tell me more about this experience. They asked a lot about leadership and project management. Very nice experience and very easy interview. Most difficult question was how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?

Interview Questions
    • how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2011.

been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Questions
    they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question