Hitachi Consulting

108 candidate interviews

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

Interview Details – had a detailed process

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – agreeable

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2009.

Interview Details – Was referred in by an industry contact.
Unfortunately, Hitachi has made a few waves of layoffs recently.

They are looking to staff consultants with extremely technical skills.
This does not mean they are on a pure hiring freeze, but look elsewhere if you are more aligned towards functional or process related projects.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an implementation project from beginning to end.   Answer Question
  • What are some of the nuances of acceptance testing, deployment, and training?   Answer Question

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had to far. The interviewer asked me to list three things that we would like to focus on/remember for the interview. Then I expanded on those three things I chose. It helped because I was able to list my strengths and use my experiences to help back them up. The interviewer was easy going and great to get along with. In addition, I received a call instead of a mass email saying that they were not going to continue the process.

Interview Question – List three aspects, skills, or experiences of yours to tell me about.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Question – If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview Questions on campus. Sat with both an alumni and a current architect. Extremely straight forward. Expand on your resume tell me more about this experience. They asked a lot about leadership and project management. Very nice experience and very easy interview. Most difficult question was how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?

Interview Question – how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Interview Question – All behavioral questions are very basic   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Question – been a long time; do not remember much   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through school's job board. Couple of days later, I was invited to on-campus interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question