Hitachi Consulting

Updated Dec 27, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions
    • The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Hiring process is robust and transparent

Consultant Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions
    • -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.

Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Questions
    not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in January 2013.

I spoke with 10 - count 'em - TEN Hitachi people - 2 VP's, 4 Directors, and 4 Senior Managers. All were very friendly and upbeat about the company - gave me the "it's a great place to work" speil. And every one of them told me I would be a great fit. Some actually said they were recommending me for hire.

It was a long process - over a month, made longer by the company's week and a half-long Holiday break.

After 4 phone interviews, I had a face to face with a VP a Director and a Senior Manager after which I had a conference-call interview with a Director and 2 of his team who were looking for a PM for their project.

After waiting a week for feedback, I finally emailed the recruiter who called back and told me "they weren't going forward" because I "wasn't a fit for the project role they're trying to fill".
    Odd, because I was never given the impression that I was being considered for only one specific project role. I don't understand why it would take 10 people, including 2 VP's to determine whether someone can fill one single project role.

for the benefit of those who might not know, there's a difference between a consulting firm and a body shop. Consulting firms hire strategically - "for the bench", as they say. They get people on board, acclimate/indocrinate them, then get them onto a suitable role with a client project. Body shops, on the other hand, hire to fill a spot.

Throughout that long interview process, I thought I was interviewing with a consulting firm. I've been around the block and I know which questions get asked and which ones to ask.

Turns out I got played. All along, I was talking to a body shop that was masquerading as a consulting firm. Had I known who I was dealing with up front, I wouldn't have let them waste a month of my time.

Interview Questions
    • None Really. The usual behavioral-type questions, and some Oracle-based skills evaluation questions. Nothing I didn't answer correctly. I've been on both sides of the table so I know how the process works.   Answer Question