Hitachi Consulting

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions
    • -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.
        Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Questions
    not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions
    • What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in January 2013.

I spoke with 10 - count 'em - TEN Hitachi people - 2 VP's, 4 Directors, and 4 Senior Managers. All were very friendly and upbeat about the company - gave me the "it's a great place to work" speil. And every one of them told me I would be a great fit. Some actually said they were recommending me for hire.

It was a long process - over a month, made longer by the company's week and a half-long Holiday break.

After 4 phone interviews, I had a face to face with a VP a Director and a Senior Manager after which I had a conference-call interview with a Director and 2 of his team who were looking for a PM for their project.

After waiting a week for feedback, I finally emailed the recruiter who called back and told me "they weren't going forward" because I "wasn't a fit for the project role they're trying to fill".
    Odd, because I was never given the impression that I was being considered for only one specific project role. I don't understand why it would take 10 people, including 2 VP's to determine whether someone can fill one single project role.

for the benefit of those who might not know, there's a difference between a consulting firm and a body shop. Consulting firms hire strategically - "for the bench", as they say. They get people on board, acclimate/indocrinate them, then get them onto a suitable role with a client project. Body shops, on the other hand, hire to fill a spot.

Throughout that long interview process, I thought I was interviewing with a consulting firm. I've been around the block and I know which questions get asked and which ones to ask.

Turns out I got played. All along, I was talking to a body shop that was masquerading as a consulting firm. Had I known who I was dealing with up front, I wouldn't have let them waste a month of my time.

Interview Questions
    • None Really. The usual behavioral-type questions, and some Oracle-based skills evaluation questions. Nothing I didn't answer correctly. I've been on both sides of the table so I know how the process works.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

good offer no need to negotiate.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

Multiple interviews with the hiring manager, followed by board meeting with Comp manager and other HR Business Partners

Interview Questions
    • None, typical HR related questions, expeirence in what HRIS software, what areas of Human Capital Management are you familiar with, etc.   Answer Question
    I recieved an offer for a position that did not have a title nor job description. Eventually it was described as a Sr. HR Specialist. Pay was at the low end of what I requested and it was a temp position, however at the time I was in need of a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Questions
    • If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question