Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting
- Consultant (68)
- Senior Consultant (19)
- Manager (11)
- Senior Manager (4)
- Senior Consultant II (3)
- Consulting Manager (2)
- Associate Consultant (2)
- Manager, Specialized Services (2)
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Entrly Level Consultant (1)
- Dynamics Ax Consultant (1)
- Oracle Applications SCM Functional EBS (1)
- Manager Technology Solutions (1)
- Oracle PIM Functional Consultant (1)
- Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant (1)
- Analyst/Human Resources Department (1)
- Consultant - Software Developer Position (1)
- Entry Consultant CORE (1)
- Consultant Core (1)
- Haphazard (1)
- SharePoint Architect (1)
- SharePoint Consultant (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Not Sure (1)
- Director Business Strategy Services (1)
- Manager Consulting Services (1)
- Technical Architect (1)
- Technology Consulting (1)
Helpful (1)No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2013.
I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.
- The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.
Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.
- Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.
Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.
- We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.
Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.
- What was your worst grade in a class and why? Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it? What do you know about Hitachi Consulting? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in October 2013.
On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.
- Why are you a good fit for Hitachi? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.
Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.
- Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in. Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Philadelphia, PA).
Contract to hire, so no problem for me.
- Didn't have any Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.
I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.
- Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you. Answer Question
- Declined OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.
Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions. The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.
- Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.
Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.
- Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review