Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial communication came from them, I was pleased and went along for 1st interview with the UK head of consulting at a client site near to me, that seemed to go well and was then invited in to the London office and found that I'd been given the right name but wrong role title of the chap I met, so I had prepared for a BI interview and got a Datawarehouse interview, I have since heard nothing. No excuse for such rudeness.

Interview Questions

• What methods can you use to get data in from an external source   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions

• What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Submitted resume through MBA career center. Selected for campus interview, which was very friendly and informal. In-office interviews with four employees up to VP. Subsequent phone interview with subject matter expert. All interviewers made me feel very comfortable and enthusiastic about company.

Interview Questions

Salary offered was very low.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online 2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited). 3. Selected for on-campus interview 4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company. 5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question