Hitachi Consulting

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

One of the most pleasant interview processes I went through. The HR team was very quick to respond to questions and didn't drag out the process over several months. They provided a dinner the night before the "on site" interview with a few VP's present. Interview day was very enjoyable with 1:1 interviews and a group case study. It seems like they were targeting business students, not just engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Group Case study, talking about past experiences with VP   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

Multiple interviews with the hiring manager, followed by board meeting with Comp manager and other HR Business Partners

Interview Questions
    • None, typical HR related questions, expeirence in what HRIS software, what areas of Human Capital Management are you familiar with, etc.   Answer Question
    I recieved an offer for a position that did not have a title nor job description. Eventually it was described as a Sr. HR Specialist. Pay was at the low end of what I requested and it was a temp position, however at the time I was in need of a job.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Submitted resume through MBA career center. Selected for campus interview, which was very friendly and informal. In-office interviews with four employees up to VP. Subsequent phone interview with subject matter expert. All interviewers made me feel very comfortable and enthusiastic about company.

Interview Questions

Salary offered was very low.

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question
    They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

The company came to campus where two interviews were conducted. They then brought me to the office for four more interviews, a lunch, and a group social prior to the in office interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2009.

The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • Name one time where you had to deal with conflict in a team. And how did you go about solving it.   Answer Question
    They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate Salary

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Questions
    not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Director Business Strategy Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2007.

I was part of a team HCC was trying to hire from another consultancy, and thus the group of eight of us were approached as a team. We were also speaking to Deloitte and E&Y.

As HCC were reorganizing their internal consulting practices, the conversations we had started in May 2007 and continued sporadically until October 2007. HCC decided to launch a management consulting arm specializing in strategy. During this six month period varied members of our large team went to E&Y, Deloitte and other firms. As I was working on another engagement I did not pursue this opportunity actively until November 2007. At that time I engaged in several phone interviews, then had in-person interviews, both one-on-one and group in NYC and Boston.

The phone interviews were very clear and well-organized, the in-person interviews less so as consultant schedules were subject to sudden shifts! I was able to speak with seven people on the phone in TX, CA and MA around my areas of expertise and interest, two people in one-on-one interviews in NYC, and then another five people in the one-on-one and group live interviews in Boston. I did this number of interviews as part of my due diligence to understand the complex organizational structure at HCC as well as the cut between dotted and straight-line accountability, as I was part of the team tasked with _starting_ the business strategy services group.

HCC is primarily a systems integrator and IT consultancy, with some experience in payment systems and media and entertainment from the acquisition of Dove Consulting. They have grown by acquisition but have not successfully integrated all of the varied pieces (i.e. former Grant Thornton and Arthur Andersen amployees describe themselves in those specific terms, not as Hitachi Consulting employees, which argues for insufficient PMI). HCC functions virtually, with regional offices. There is a considerable amount of travel that they attempt to lesson via their "market" structure, but is a key piece of working at HCC. HCC is very US-and IT-focused. Key areas of skill sought are are SAP/Oracle ERP knowledge, Lawson, JD Edwards and varied Microsoft packages.

Interview Questions
    • How would I manage an SAP implementation?   View Answer
    • Would I join the Organization and Transformation practice or the Business Strategy practice?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a signing bonus, and a salary a bit less than offered by Deloitte, but in line with my expectations. The draw for me was starting a new practice within and existing firm and ideally being able to draw upon the client roster already created to grow opportunities.
    I'd advise candidates to negotiate clear severance packages and performance measurement metrics. This was somewhat fuzzy in the firm.