Hitachi Consulting

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.8

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question
    They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Consultant Interview

Hiring Process is very smooth, i had one telephonic round and second round face to face, they make us comfortable during interview.infact i enjoyed the interview rounds. very nice people

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there.

The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I applied through on campus recruiting process and attended company presentation and social events. I had an interview on campus, which included two one-to-one interviews. The interviews were mostly behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected.

Entry Consultant CORE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2014.

1st round interview behavioral
    2nd round is two 45 minute behavioral interviews
    3rd round in on site engaging in tean activities with a couple behavioral interviews and a case

If you are a team player and enjoy working with people then you will do extremely well during these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hear you? What makes you different than everyone else? Why IT Consulting?   Answer Question

The company culture did not appeal to me during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

Multiple interviews with the hiring manager, followed by board meeting with Comp manager and other HR Business Partners

Interview Questions
    • None, typical HR related questions, expeirence in what HRIS software, what areas of Human Capital Management are you familiar with, etc.   Answer Question
    I recieved an offer for a position that did not have a title nor job description. Eventually it was described as a Sr. HR Specialist. Pay was at the low end of what I requested and it was a temp position, however at the time I was in need of a job.