Hitachi Consulting

Updated Aug 13, 2014

Average Difficulty
112 candidate interviews

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through school's job board. Couple of days later, I was invited to on-campus interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Interview Questions

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The company contacted me for a first-round interview, and was very flexible when I asked to reschedule the initial set time. The consultant who interviewed me was very friendly, and all the questions were behavioral - no case interviews at all.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received an offer from a more prestigious company

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details – All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Interview Question – Not really   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Question – Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – 2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Interview Question – Business case questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring proocess was good, well co-ordinated and well communicated.
Interview process was just ok, person interview had less knowledge and experience than me. He could not ask questions based on my exp.

Interview Question – Tables and columns names   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Question – Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question