Hitachi Consulting

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2011.

been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Questions
    they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions
    I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

I applied through school's job board. Couple of days later, I was invited to on-campus interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

The company contacted me for a first-round interview, and was very flexible when I asked to reschedule the initial set time. The consultant who interviewed me was very friendly, and all the questions were behavioral - no case interviews at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Received an offer from a more prestigious company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.