Hitachi Consulting

107 candidate interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The company contacted me for a first-round interview, and was very flexible when I asked to reschedule the initial set time. The consultant who interviewed me was very friendly, and all the questions were behavioral - no case interviews at all.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received an offer from a more prestigious company

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details – All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Interview Question – Not really   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Question – Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – 2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Interview Question – Business case questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring proocess was good, well co-ordinated and well communicated.
Interview process was just ok, person interview had less knowledge and experience than me. He could not ask questions based on my exp.

Interview Question – Tables and columns names   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Question – Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Manager, Specialized Services
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiters are good and they are like sales man bcz most of the people are not joining Hitachi Consulting after getting the offer so they are selling to the job seekers anyway. Overall Not matured and not transparent.

Interview Question – Do you have exprience in the domain, technology and client handling This question comes to you from the managers after joining the organisation and after getting selected in the client interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant Interview

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication came from them, I was pleased and went along for 1st interview with the UK head of consulting at a client site near to me, that seemed to go well and was then invited in to the London office and found that I'd been given the right name but wrong role title of the chap I met, so I had prepared for a BI interview and got a Datawarehouse interview, I have since heard nothing. No excuse for such rudeness.

Interview Question – What methods can you use to get data in from an external source   Answer Question

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

Analyst/Human Resources Department

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Question – Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting