Hitachi Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone
from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect,
the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical
and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician,
his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I
did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

SharePoint Architect Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2012.

Interview Details – The Houston recruiting staff is the stuff of punchlines.

Interview Question – File extension to SharePoint farm backup files.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Interview Details – 1st round campus interview with a Manager
If invited to next round, you are invited to their downtown seattle office (Convention center) for a full day interview session. This consists of 3 30 minute interviews, usually with a Senior Vice President, a director and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself -- strengths, weaknesses, experience   View Answer
  • If you are technical, be ready to answer technical questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I only had one offer so didn't have much leverage during negotiation. If you have multiple offers, use it to get a better deal. And don't fall for the "everybody calling you and telling you how important you will be to the team"... Consultants are notorious for this.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Typical consulting interview. Pre-screen, techincal interview, face to face interview. Good questions that truly test your knowledge and personality.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to join our Firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview Process was pretty generous. Consisted of a on-campus interview, that was behavioral.
Then consisted of a on-site interview that was (3) 1:1 interviews that was essentially designed to see if you were a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where a member of your team did not contribute   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The company contacted me for a first-round interview, and was very flexible when I asked to reschedule the initial set time. The consultant who interviewed me was very friendly, and all the questions were behavioral - no case interviews at all.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received an offer from a more prestigious company

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two Rounds of Interviews

1st round consisted of 2 30 minutes 1 on 1 interviews--mostly behavioral questions and resume explanation

2nd round consisted of 3 half hour 1 on 1 interviews and a case study

overall a very stress free interview process

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit in this position given you do not have any prior consulting experience?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of one on-campus interview (about 30 minutes). If invited for a second round, it takes place in-house: 3-4 one-on-one interviews with Managers and above. Second round usually includes some sort of meal for meet and greet (dinner the night before, breakfast, one-on-one lunch). All questions are behavioral around the resume: strengths/weaknesses, accomplishments, leadership and group experiences.

Interview Question – What are your top three strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting