Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Interview

Hiring process is robust and transparent

Consultant Interview

Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions

• -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was a campus hire so my interview process will be relevant for those just graduating from college. I submitted my resume to the university job portal and was called for an in-person interview taking place at my school. I interviewed with a senior manager for 30 minutes and was called one week later for a final round of interviews at the Hitachi Dallas office. The day before the final interview, there was an interview dinner with several VPs, managers, and consultants which helped us break the ice before the interview day and meet the other interviewees. The day of the final interview was a full day (8am-4pm) with 3 different interviews (behavioral and a little technical) as well as lunch with consultants and a case study.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do I want to do consulting?
      2. What interested me most about Hitachi Consulting specifically?

Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Reston, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

I spoke with 10 - count 'em - TEN Hitachi people - 2 VP's, 4 Directors, and 4 Senior Managers. All were very friendly and upbeat about the company - gave me the "it's a great place to work" speil. And every one of them told me I would be a great fit. Some actually said they were recommending me for hire.

It was a long process - over a month, made longer by the company's week and a half-long Holiday break.

After 4 phone interviews, I had a face to face with a VP a Director and a Senior Manager after which I had a conference-call interview with a Director and 2 of his team who were looking for a PM for their project.

After waiting a week for feedback, I finally emailed the recruiter who called back and told me "they weren't going forward" because I "wasn't a fit for the project role they're trying to fill".
    Odd, because I was never given the impression that I was being considered for only one specific project role. I don't understand why it would take 10 people, including 2 VP's to determine whether someone can fill one single project role.

for the benefit of those who might not know, there's a difference between a consulting firm and a body shop. Consulting firms hire strategically - "for the bench", as they say. They get people on board, acclimate/indocrinate them, then get them onto a suitable role with a client project. Body shops, on the other hand, hire to fill a spot.

Throughout that long interview process, I thought I was interviewing with a consulting firm. I've been around the block and I know which questions get asked and which ones to ask.

Turns out I got played. All along, I was talking to a body shop that was masquerading as a consulting firm. Had I known who I was dealing with up front, I wouldn't have let them waste a month of my time.

Interview Questions

• None Really. The usual behavioral-type questions, and some Oracle-based skills evaluation questions. Nothing I didn't answer correctly. I've been on both sides of the table so I know how the process works.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

Negotiation

good offer no need to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

Interview

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question