Hitachi Consulting

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
108 candidate interviews

San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview Process was pretty generous. Consisted of a on-campus interview, that was behavioral.
Then consisted of a on-site interview that was (3) 1:1 interviews that was essentially designed to see if you were a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where a member of your team did not contribute   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – The company came to campus where two interviews were conducted. They then brought me to the office for four more interviews, a lunch, and a group social prior to the in office interviews.

Interview Question – Why consulting?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

Analyst/Human Resources Department

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Question – Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – 1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
3. Selected for on-campus interview
4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Question – Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

Dynamics Ax Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Question – No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate Salary

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Question – Pretty normal, nothing really unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Interview Question – no case questions, just behavioral   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – One of the most pleasant interview processes I went through. The HR team was very quick to respond to questions and didn't drag out the process over several months. They provided a dinner the night before the "on site" interview with a few VP's present. Interview day was very enjoyable with 1:1 interviews and a group case study. It seems like they were targeting business students, not just engineers.

Interview Question – Group Case study, talking about past experiences with VP   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting