Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2010.

Interview

I went to career forum that was organized in Tokyo, where Hitachi had a stall. It was a walk in interview type of a format. From the walk in interview the candidates were shortlisted and narrowed down. After that, you would be invited to their corporate office and go through one more round of the interview. Nothing new - pretty much the focus is on your resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to contribute to this company 10 years down the road?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much no room for negotiation.

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)).

Interview

overall It was good experience with the interview & hiring process. From start to ends , the recruiter person helped a lot & for each & every processed during interviewing.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I interviewed on campus first with a Hitachi manager. Then the second round consisted of three interviews at the company site. My first round interview contained a brief case as well as one of the second round interviews. Within a week of the second round interview, I received an offer and given two weeks to decide.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were too difficult. One case question was "Create an algorithm to make a Sudoku board". This was challenging but as long as you display a favorable way of thinking and presenting your thoughts in an appropriate amount of time, you will do great, regardless of whether you actually solve the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate salary because the offer was the best I received. I was however able to extend my deadline in order to hear back from another firm.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Questions

• Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions

• Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiters are good and they are like sales man bcz most of the people are not joining Hitachi Consulting after getting the offer so they are selling to the job seekers anyway. Overall Not matured and not transparent.

Interview Questions

• Do you have exprience in the domain, technology and client handling This question comes to you from the managers after joining the organisation and after getting selected in the client interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

Interview

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I got referred by an employee that worked there. I got an email back to schedule an initial phone screening within a week. After about 20-30 minutes of regular interview questions, she told me honestly and clearly that there is no opening that she sees fit at this point. It was disappointing but it was a quick and honest interview process