Hitachi Consulting

Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Contract to hire, so no problem for me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Great communication and planning before the interview, and they seemed very keen. They offered to skip the first interview and went straight to a technical challenge, which was relatively straight-forward if you know your stuff. Their office in a great location on the London Riverside (although the numbering system is crazy, so don't panic if you pass buildings numbers 1, 6 and 3 in that order!). The people came across as very friendly in person. Unfortunately after the interview their communication has been abysmal, with absolutely no contact afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The interview mainly consisted of many different "guess what I'm thinking of" or "say the magic phrase" type questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions
    • The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair