Hitachi Consulting

Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

For the technical tract, the interview process started after the internal recruiters were given my information by an employee. The first call was with what would be my boss and simply was a "how interested are you" conversation as well as a quick overview of the company.

The follow up was a day of interviews consisting of technical and business screens with a peer, an immediate superior and an interested (but not directly connected) manager. The final interview was with the practice leader (a managing vice president).

Interview Questions
    • If after six months you are not satisfied with your employment at Hitachi Consulting, how would you handle your exit strategy?   Answer Question
    My offer was what I had demanded in the first place so there was no negotiation. However, knowing what you want before they ask would be helpful and feel free to push back if it is not what you expect.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

There was a telephone interview with one of their architects. Pretty basic stuff. Then, I was invited to Seattle office for three rounds of interivew. First Round with another Senior Consultant, second round with director and the third round with VP. The interivew was good. They offered me the position within a week. They were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • How will you react with customers and deal some tough situations?   Answer Question
    Negotiate to get what you want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

1st round campus interview with a Manager
    If invited to next round, you are invited to their downtown seattle office (Convention center) for a full day interview session. This consists of 3 30 minute interviews, usually with a Senior Vice President, a director and a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself -- strengths, weaknesses, experience   View Answer
    • If you are technical, be ready to answer technical questions...   Answer Question
    I only had one offer so didn't have much leverage during negotiation. If you have multiple offers, use it to get a better deal. And don't fall for the "everybody calling you and telling you how important you will be to the team"... Consultants are notorious for this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Very comfortable interview process. Interview with one director, two senior managers, and the VP.

Mostly behavioral questions; senior managers may ask more technical or analytical questions.

After the interview, they treat you to a lunch with current associates.

Overall, an enjoyable process. Too bad I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a detailed recommendation that you would give your previous employer to improve their overall business process.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Hitachi brought in about 25 students from various schools to interview for the tactical and business positions. Interviews were simple-- mainly just talking about yourself and your interests to 4 VPs. They were draining because they were back to back interviews and then a lunch with current employees afterward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

This was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. Perhaps deceptively easy. I had a one on one interview on campus and was then invited back to the regional office for the second and final round of interviews. There was a breakfast Q & A with several of the JR consultants and then the rest of the interviews started. Each person was assigned to an office and that was their "home base" and three senior managers and one VP rotated into the office to interview. Four separate 30 minute interviews which were all very conversational. There were hardly any "traditional" interview questions, but it depended on the style of the interviewer. After all the interviews three interviewees were taken out to lunch by one of the JR consultants from the Q & A session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

On campus interview was the first round. Then got invited to go to Dallas for 2nd round the week after. There was a dinner the night before at Ruth Chris. Did a series of 2 interviews the next day, 1 with a senior manager and then 1 with a partner. After that there was a group case which was fun, had to present afterwards with a Q&A session from 2 of the more senior consultants. During the times in which you weren't interviewing there was your classic informational presentations about the company.

Interview Questions

Their offers were very sketch. The called and said they would only offer an offer if I was serious and was truly considering them, wanted to know all my other offers. When i said I was interested they said they would send the package, never got it, called the recruited multiple times and emailed them, had to go through another recruiter to finally get a call back after a week. Turns out they were waiting for other people to say no before they would send out a package and they just didn't feel the need to tell me this. Very unprofessional and unclassy. Clear indication of how they do business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

It was a relatively painless process. There was a consultant to walk me to the interviewer's room. I asked him about some of his work and why he worked at Hitachi. Then I went in for a 1:1 interview with the VP and he asked me a series of behavioral questions. They're mainly trying to get to know you better during the first round. They got back to me in a couple days.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2010.

Applied via online site for an excellent position (would have been an upward move in my firm). Spoke to internal recruiter, followed standard protocol/process, and moved quickly through the evaluation. Skills and experiences lined up with requirements, so it was more of a personality vetting rather than a normal consultant-track skill evaluation.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your background with CRM, ERP, and portals/document management.   Answer Question
    • What sales and consulting processes (methologies) have you used?   Answer Question
    Limited - this was due to a fair offer in the middle of compensation range (what I deserved).