Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions

• What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Application

Interview

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed. They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Questions

• If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting - very simple process. Met the representatives which included VPs and Senior Managers, had on campus interviews with two members of leadership and then invited back to a social dinner and an all day interview the next day. All day interview consisted of a basic summary of Hitachi Consulting and HR info, two individual interviews with management, Lunch with a current consultant, and a group case study.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

- Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation - Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc. - Never heard back for a month - On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews with the hiring manager, followed by board meeting with Comp manager and other HR Business Partners

Interview Questions

• None, typical HR related questions, expeirence in what HRIS software, what areas of Human Capital Management are you familiar with, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I recieved an offer for a position that did not have a title nor job description. Eventually it was described as a Sr. HR Specialist. Pay was at the low end of what I requested and it was a temp position, however at the time I was in need of a job.

SharePoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The Houston recruiting staff is the stuff of punchlines.