Hitachi Consulting

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied via online site for an excellent position (would have been an upward move in my firm). Spoke to internal recruiter, followed standard protocol/process, and moved quickly through the evaluation. Skills and experiences lined up with requirements, so it was more of a personality vetting rather than a normal consultant-track skill evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background with CRM, ERP, and portals/document management.   Answer Question
  • What sales and consulting processes (methologies) have you used?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited - this was due to a fair offer in the middle of compensation range (what I deserved).

Entrly Level Consultant Interview

Entrly Level Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2010.

Interview Details – They ask for a few accomplishments you are proud of and based on those accomplishments/experiences, they will ask your behavioral questions

Interview Question – What kind of leadership roles have you had?   Answer Question

Manager Consulting Services Interview

Manager Consulting Services
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very straightforward. The interview process was very standard with a screening interview first, then a skills interview over the phone, and finally a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated on salary. Their initial offer was less than what I was hoping for. I countered and increased the offer by $5K.

Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had to far. The interviewer asked me to list three things that we would like to focus on/remember for the interview. Then I expanded on those three things I chose. It helped because I was able to list my strengths and use my experiences to help back them up. The interviewer was easy going and great to get along with. In addition, I received a call instead of a mass email saying that they were not going to continue the process.

Interview Question – List three aspects, skills, or experiences of yours to tell me about.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – 1st round - two 45 min interviews at the Denver office. Generally the same questions asked in each-- behavioral; asking a lot about previous experience. I was notified about 10 days later that I was invited back for a second round.
2nd round - informal meet and greet with the younger consultants and a 30 minute case in which we had to do a presentation on a supply chain problem.
3rd round - 4 1/2 hour long process interviewing with 6 VPs/directors and going out to lunch with two younger consultants.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were in a group and the group wasn't getting along and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2009.

Interview Details – Was referred in by an industry contact.
Unfortunately, Hitachi has made a few waves of layoffs recently.

They are looking to staff consultants with extremely technical skills.
This does not mean they are on a pure hiring freeze, but look elsewhere if you are more aligned towards functional or process related projects.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an implementation project from beginning to end.   Answer Question
  • What are some of the nuances of acceptance testing, deployment, and training?   Answer Question

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2009.

Interview Details – The company recruiter was very professional and put me at ease. He asked the usual questions to provide examples of where I had performed a similar job, but all in all it was a good conversation. When I was called back and told I was not moving forward in the process, the recruiter gave me positive feedback and made me feel respected and was appreciative for my time and participation.

Interview Question – Nothing specific comes to mind- there were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2007.

Interview Details – 1. Got an email from someone at HC to set up a phone interview
2. 15 minute phone screen with local HR director
3. Invited to come to HC office - 3 interviews: 2 managers, 1 vp. Very impressive office space in a tall building with a view. Wanted me to talk about several specific experiences. Very friendly and not a high-pressure process. I had my response the same day.

My advice: Come prepared to talk about things YOU have specifically done/accomplished. They want to understand what kind of person you are and how you would fit in.

Interview Question – They don't use trickery to get at what they want to know about you. Just come prepared to talk about your experience using statements that relate to things YOU actually did.   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2007.

Interview Details – I met with 3 Sr Managers and 2 Partners in a total of 4 meetings within one morning. There was no difficult questions, but we were both looking for a good fit. I may have been too specialized within the IT security field, and they were looking for an IT generalist to cross selling their services.

Interview Question – What makes you think you qualify for this position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting