Hitachi Consulting

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Hitachi?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

Negotiation Details – good offer no need to negotiate.

Irvine, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a great experience. People were great, seems I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Question – There were four interviews within 4-5 hours time window.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I negotiated salary from 66K to 70K. However, their 401K plan did not provide 100% employer match. They also start 401K after one year from the date of hire. I did not agree and decided to decline the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone
from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect,
the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical
and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician,
his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I
did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very comfortable interview process. Interview with one director, two senior managers, and the VP.

Mostly behavioral questions; senior managers may ask more technical or analytical questions.

After the interview, they treat you to a lunch with current associates.

Overall, an enjoyable process. Too bad I didn't get the position.

Interview Question – Give me a detailed recommendation that you would give your previous employer to improve their overall business process.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hitachi brought in about 25 students from various schools to interview for the tactical and business positions. Interviews were simple-- mainly just talking about yourself and your interests to 4 VPs. They were draining because they were back to back interviews and then a lunch with current employees afterward.

Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!