Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews in Irvine, CA

7 interviews

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

good offer no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

It was a great experience. People were great, seems I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were four interviews within 4-5 hours time window.   View Answer

I negotiated salary from 66K to 70K. However, their 401K plan did not provide 100% employer match. They also start 401K after one year from the date of hire. I did not agree and decided to decline the offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone
    from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect,
    the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical
    and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician,
    his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I
    did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Interview Questions
    • What would u envision yourself in 5 years ?   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to put more for less   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Very comfortable interview process. Interview with one director, two senior managers, and the VP.

Mostly behavioral questions; senior managers may ask more technical or analytical questions.

After the interview, they treat you to a lunch with current associates.

Overall, an enjoyable process. Too bad I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a detailed recommendation that you would give your previous employer to improve their overall business process.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Hitachi brought in about 25 students from various schools to interview for the tactical and business positions. Interviews were simple-- mainly just talking about yourself and your interests to 4 VPs. They were draining because they were back to back interviews and then a lunch with current employees afterward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2009.

The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • Name one time where you had to deal with conflict in a team. And how did you go about solving it.   Answer Question
    They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!