Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview was very well organized. The recruiter and recruiting team have a well-run process which includes a phone interview, then several 1:1 meetings with various levels of the consultancy (manager to VP). It also has case studies to test your knowledge. Hitachi also does a lot of behavioral interviewing. Very very well run!

Interview Questions

• Part of external consultancy includes proposing new projects/selling? Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick and reasonable. Able to negotiate sign-on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

1st round campus interview with a Manager If invited to next round, you are invited to their downtown seattle office (Convention center) for a full day interview session. This consists of 3 30 minute interviews, usually with a Senior Vice President, a director and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself -- strengths, weaknesses, experience   1 Answer
    • If you are technical, be ready to answer technical questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I only had one offer so didn't have much leverage during negotiation. If you have multiple offers, use it to get a better deal. And don't fall for the "everybody calling you and telling you how important you will be to the team"... Consultants are notorious for this.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I was screened by a recruiter to discuss benefits and logistics of the position - they needed to confirm that I was comfortable taking a position that required 100% travel. After that, I had one phone call screening with would-be peer, one in-person interview with a manager, and one in-person interview with a local Vice President.

Interview Questions

• First two interviews focused on technical skills and went smoothly. Last interview focused on consulting skills, which I was very weak on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

There was a telephone interview with one of their architects. Pretty basic stuff. Then, I was invited to Seattle office for three rounds of interivew. First Round with another Senior Consultant, second round with director and the third round with VP. The interivew was good. They offered me the position within a week. They were very professional.

Interview Questions

• How will you react with customers and deal some tough situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate to get what you want.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1 on campus interview (behavioral) 5 in office interview - 1st was behavioral w/ a VP - 2nd was a case interview (super easy short cases w/ zero calculations) - 3rd was a group case - 4th was an interview to assess if i was technical or not - 5th was another behavioral but more focused on situational stuff (tell me a time when you...)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Consultant Core Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.