Hitachi Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions
    • The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

- Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation
    - Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc.
    - Never heard back for a month
    - On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone
    from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect,
    the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical
    and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician,
    his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I
    did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Interview Questions
    • What would u envision yourself in 5 years ?   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to put more for less   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2011.

Typical consulting interview. Pre-screen, techincal interview, face to face interview. Good questions that truly test your knowledge and personality.

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

There was a telephone interview with one of their architects. Pretty basic stuff. Then, I was invited to Seattle office for three rounds of interivew. First Round with another Senior Consultant, second round with director and the third round with VP. The interivew was good. They offered me the position within a week. They were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • How will you react with customers and deal some tough situations?   Answer Question
    Negotiate to get what you want.

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Hitachi brought in about 25 students from various schools to interview for the tactical and business positions. Interviews were simple-- mainly just talking about yourself and your interests to 4 VPs. They were draining because they were back to back interviews and then a lunch with current employees afterward.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2007.

1. Got an email from someone at HC to set up a phone interview
    2. 15 minute phone screen with local HR director
    3. Invited to come to HC office - 3 interviews: 2 managers, 1 vp. Very impressive office space in a tall building with a view. Wanted me to talk about several specific experiences. Very friendly and not a high-pressure process. I had my response the same day.

My advice: Come prepared to talk about things YOU have specifically done/accomplished. They want to understand what kind of person you are and how you would fit in.

Interview Questions
    • They don't use trickery to get at what they want to know about you. Just come prepared to talk about your experience using statements that relate to things YOU actually did.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

They agreed.

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!