Hitachi Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA).

Interview

My hiring process went pretty quickly as there was an immediate need for a resource on a project. After being contacted by a recruiter, I had a phone interview back to back days with different individuals. The following week I had a dinner with 2 people from the current project i would be assigned to, and two days later I had an offer sent over.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on my area of expertise (SAP Purchasing) that I had not yet encountered at my existing company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was for 75k and negotiated up to 80k through my recruiter

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions. The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

- Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation - Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc. - Never heard back for a month - On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect, the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician, his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Interview Questions

• What would u envision yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to put more for less   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Typical consulting interview. Pre-screen, techincal interview, face to face interview. Good questions that truly test your knowledge and personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I was screened by a recruiter to discuss benefits and logistics of the position - they needed to confirm that I was comfortable taking a position that required 100% travel. After that, I had one phone call screening with would-be peer, one in-person interview with a manager, and one in-person interview with a local Vice President.

Interview Questions

• First two interviews focused on technical skills and went smoothly. Last interview focused on consulting skills, which I was very weak on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

There was a telephone interview with one of their architects. Pretty basic stuff. Then, I was invited to Seattle office for three rounds of interivew. First Round with another Senior Consultant, second round with director and the third round with VP. The interivew was good. They offered me the position within a week. They were very professional.

Interview Questions

• How will you react with customers and deal some tough situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate to get what you want.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Hitachi brought in about 25 students from various schools to interview for the tactical and business positions. Interviews were simple-- mainly just talking about yourself and your interests to 4 VPs. They were draining because they were back to back interviews and then a lunch with current employees afterward.