Hitachi Consulting

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Question – Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Question – The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

Interview Details – - Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation
- Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc.
- Never heard back for a month
- On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Interview Question – HR based question   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone
from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect,
the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical
and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician,
his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I
did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Interview Questions

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Typical consulting interview. Pre-screen, techincal interview, face to face interview. Good questions that truly test your knowledge and personality.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to join our Firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Interview Details – There was a telephone interview with one of their architects. Pretty basic stuff. Then, I was invited to Seattle office for three rounds of interivew. First Round with another Senior Consultant, second round with director and the third round with VP. The interivew was good. They offered me the position within a week. They were very professional.

Interview Question – How will you react with customers and deal some tough situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate to get what you want.

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hitachi brought in about 25 students from various schools to interview for the tactical and business positions. Interviews were simple-- mainly just talking about yourself and your interests to 4 VPs. They were draining because they were back to back interviews and then a lunch with current employees afterward.

Interview Questions

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2007.

Interview Details – 1. Got an email from someone at HC to set up a phone interview
2. 15 minute phone screen with local HR director
3. Invited to come to HC office - 3 interviews: 2 managers, 1 vp. Very impressive office space in a tall building with a view. Wanted me to talk about several specific experiences. Very friendly and not a high-pressure process. I had my response the same day.

My advice: Come prepared to talk about things YOU have specifically done/accomplished. They want to understand what kind of person you are and how you would fit in.

Interview Question – They don't use trickery to get at what they want to know about you. Just come prepared to talk about your experience using statements that relate to things YOU actually did.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation Details – They agreed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!