Hitachi Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.3

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)).

Interview

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation

They agreed.

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Bangalore (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring proocess was good, well co-ordinated and well communicated. Interview process was just ok, person interview had less knowledge and experience than me. He could not ask questions based on my exp.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

- Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation - Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc. - Never heard back for a month - On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect, the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician, his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Interview Questions

• What would u envision yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to put more for less   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2007.

Interview

1. Got an email from someone at HC to set up a phone interview 2. 15 minute phone screen with local HR director 3. Invited to come to HC office - 3 interviews: 2 managers, 1 vp. Very impressive office space in a tall building with a view. Wanted me to talk about several specific experiences. Very friendly and not a high-pressure process. I had my response the same day. My advice: Come prepared to talk about things YOU have specifically done/accomplished. They want to understand what kind of person you are and how you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• They don't use trickery to get at what they want to know about you. Just come prepared to talk about your experience using statements that relate to things YOU actually did.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

Interview

2 phone interview and 1 group

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2010.

Interview

My Hitachi experience began with an unsolicited application on their website for a management consulting position. Within about a week I was contacted by a recruiter who informed me they had interest in me as a candidate, but only as a senior consultant. The next step was a phone interview with a very knowledgeable senior manager who was nice and was primarily interested in my "real world" experience and that I understood the inner workings of my industry. I was asked to come in for a day of interviews between 3 managers, 1 director, and 1 Vp. Each interviewer came at it from a different angle: - Lets not talk about work, lets talk about your interests (Or the recruiter's interests for that matter) - Lets talk about how much you know and how I can use you on my team - Don't really want to be here, but I have some "canned" questions - "How do I sell you" and "How do I make you billable" At the end of the day the salary bands and reviews here on GlassDoor were right on. Case in point: I asked a question about how Hitachi competes in this market space and the answer was, "Price".... Lets dissect this like a consultant here. Profit = Revenue-Cost, with very little fixed cost in a professional service firm any decrease in price will mean less profit OR my variable costs are low to maintain high margins. The lower cost we are speaking about to compete is MY Salary & Bonus. This was a giant buzzer that went off and eventually I did not accept the lame offer that was given to me.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA).

Interview

My hiring process went pretty quickly as there was an immediate need for a resource on a project. After being contacted by a recruiter, I had a phone interview back to back days with different individuals. The following week I had a dinner with 2 people from the current project i would be assigned to, and two days later I had an offer sent over.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on my area of expertise (SAP Purchasing) that I had not yet encountered at my existing company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was for 75k and negotiated up to 80k through my recruiter

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal