Hitachi Consulting

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

They agreed.

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

technical round, managerial round and HR. Sometimes client interview is also there.
    Technical round will be tough and you have to negotiate well in the HR round. However they pay more then market value. You have to ask for joining bonus and relocation charges.
    Telephonic round may start with a telephonic round.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2011.

been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Questions
    they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Hiring proocess was good, well co-ordinated and well communicated.
    Interview process was just ok, person interview had less knowledge and experience than me. He could not ask questions based on my exp.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2010.

My Hitachi experience began with an unsolicited application on their website for a management consulting position. Within about a week I was contacted by a recruiter who informed me they had interest in me as a candidate, but only as a senior consultant. The next step was a phone interview with a very knowledgeable senior manager who was nice and was primarily interested in my "real world" experience and that I understood the inner workings of my industry. I was asked to come in for a day of interviews between 3 managers, 1 director, and 1 Vp. Each interviewer came at it from a different angle:

- Lets not talk about work, lets talk about your interests (Or the recruiter's interests for that matter)
    - Lets talk about how much you know and how I can use you on my team
    - Don't really want to be here, but I have some "canned" questions
    - "How do I sell you" and "How do I make you billable"

At the end of the day the salary bands and reviews here on GlassDoor were right on.

Case in point:

I asked a question about how Hitachi competes in this market space and the answer was, "Price".... Lets dissect this like a consultant here. Profit = Revenue-Cost, with very little fixed cost in a professional service firm any decrease in price will mean less profit OR my variable costs are low to maintain high margins. The lower cost we are speaking about to compete is MY Salary & Bonus. This was a giant buzzer that went off and eventually I did not accept the lame offer that was given to me.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2010.

I applied online and received a call about a month or two later from a national recruiter. The initial conversation consisted of questions like, "Why do you want to leave?" "What are you asking for in terms of salary?" The online application requires that you put your current salary down, so they already know that. At the end of the conversation, they asked me if I was interested in moving forward for what they have going on. After I replied 'yes', they set me up with a PM for a phone interview the next day. The scheduling happened the same night of the first call from that afternoon.

The phone interview started off as a casual conversation, and that PM seemed very sharp. He let me go through my resume and tell him about my experiences, and he would just listen. Occassionally, he would just ask me something to follow up more in-depth with what I just told him. It caught me off-guard a few times. Some of the questions were pretty industry-specific and technical. Then it takes about a week for that PM and the recruiter to debrief and get details on an office visit. Scheduling the office visit took the longest. They needed to schedule it on Fridays because most people were travelling Mon-Thurs. They also have to make sure the key people were in the office (PM / Director / VP). This process took a little over 2 weeks.

My on-site interview was with a PM and a VP. We pretty much just came into the office, interviewed, and left. We were not really shown around the office or introduced to anyone else who was working there. This could be due to the fact that there were back-to-back interviews that Friday. In this interview, they dig into your knowledge a little bit more. It was more behavior than technical, but again, they do tend to ask questions in the middle of the conversation. It is probably a good idea to not answer right away, but let it sink in and keep your composure. I had one very sweet lady and one rude guy. Not sure if this was intended for "good-cop bad-cop" effects. The debrief between these individuals and the recruiter took about a little bit over a week.

The next step is for the senior management of that practice to get together on a phone call to discuss the candidates and make recommendations for them. The speed of this process just depends on how fast they can all schedule that call. If you are chosen to carve out an offer for, the approval process is quick.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about Revenue Recognition?   View Answer
    • Can you give me an example of a time when you were tasked with something that you had no idea how to do? How did you go about obtaining the skills to accomplish this task?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a client's requirement, and how you came up with the design to satisfy that requirement?   Answer Question
    They did not make it easy to negotiate. In the first conversation, we had spoke of a number. This was my minimum figure that I would consider to even leave my current job. I guess it was my mistake to disclose the truth, because the recruiter got the impression that that number was what I wanted.

The way it works: The hiring is nationalized and after they make a decision on you, it goes through an approval process. If you wanted to negotiate anything, they would have to re-submit your application through that process again.

I guess it was fair. They would have probably lost me if I had another recognizable firm that gave me just 2-3% more.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

2 phone interview and 1 group

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2008.

Pretty fair on campus interview and then an office interview loop. Before we did the loop, we were invited into their office to meet others and do a group activity/case 'test' with a mix of students.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really questions each time. Some interviews were different and felt more like a discussion and I got to ask a bunch of questions as well.   Answer Question
    • They will do a case interview during the 1:1 time - there's no way to 'answer' the question really. Do your best and it did seem like they wanted me to explain how I was thinking about the case and how I saw the problem.   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate but the offers were pretty firm.