Hitachi Consulting

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2014.

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

There was a telephone interview with one of their architects. Pretty basic stuff. Then, I was invited to Seattle office for three rounds of interivew. First Round with another Senior Consultant, second round with director and the third round with VP. The interivew was good. They offered me the position within a week. They were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • How will you react with customers and deal some tough situations?   Answer Question
    Negotiate to get what you want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

1st round campus interview with a Manager
    If invited to next round, you are invited to their downtown seattle office (Convention center) for a full day interview session. This consists of 3 30 minute interviews, usually with a Senior Vice President, a director and a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself -- strengths, weaknesses, experience   View Answer
    • If you are technical, be ready to answer technical questions...   Answer Question
    I only had one offer so didn't have much leverage during negotiation. If you have multiple offers, use it to get a better deal. And don't fall for the "everybody calling you and telling you how important you will be to the team"... Consultants are notorious for this.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview was very well organized. The recruiter and recruiting team have a well-run process which includes a phone interview, then several 1:1 meetings with various levels of the consultancy (manager to VP). It also has case studies to test your knowledge. Hitachi also does a lot of behavioral interviewing. Very very well run!

Interview Questions
    • Part of external consultancy includes proposing new projects/selling? Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea, etc...   Answer Question
    Negotiations were quick and reasonable. Able to negotiate sign-on bonus.