Hitachi Data Systems Interview Questions

2.7

Bid Development and Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in March 2014.

I was originally contacted by an internal recruiter from Hitachi Data Systems. We had a couple of initial conversations before I was contacted directly by the hiring VP. The role as originally defined was too limited, in my opinion and experience to accomplish the goals for which it was designed. I was able to discuss my ideas and vision for the role during my interviews and actually inluence change prior to accepting an offer from HDS. I am exactly where I want to be at this point in my career, doing exactly what I love, with an amazing group of people as a result. My role is to develop a department to support the bid response process. Bid strategy, positioning, capture management; the best thing about this is that there isn't some broken archaic or ill-managed process currently in place. There simply is no standardized bid process here at the moment so I have the opportunity to develop that in the right way. I don't have to fix something that is broken, or assume leadership of a department and people that someone else chose and previously managed. I am not inheriting any defined resources or processes. To inherit those, whether they are good or bad, is much more difficult than being able to develop them on my own. I am thrilled that those involved in my hiring process were - first and foremost - great listeners and broad thinkers with the ability and desire to successfully achieve their goals and not focused solely on acquiring personnel to fill a billet.

Interview Questions
    • The question that stood out during the interview and the answer to that is the reason I am here today. That question was: "If you were given a blank sheet of paper and the ability to define the job of your dreams, how would you so define that?"   View Answer
    Minimal.

Supply Chain Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in May 2014.

This position was with a manager I had met during my internship the previous year with Hitachi Data Systems, when I was a month from finishing school for the summer I contacted this manager about any possible position that would be avaliable during summer break. I was informed of a position in the supply chain management team of the Logistics division. Once I expressed interest in the position my future manager directed me to an HDS recruiter who helped me finalize my application and begin my interview process. The recruiter was very helpful in meeting my schedule while I was still attending classes and we spoke over the phone at length to cover everything that the interview and hiring process would include. Once I was finished with classes for the summer I had the official interview and job offer. I accepted the offer and prepared for my start date at Hitachi Data Systems.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had to answer was "What experience do you have with data analysis?"
      This question was hard to answer becuase I had no experience with data analysis outside of school, so I used examples from shcool where I encountered data analysis. I found this question hard to answer because I was afraid my lack of real world experience would look bad during my interview.
        View Answer
    The negotiation phase was relatively short, as a returning intern I received all the same benefits as I had the previous year with higher pay this year.

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in April 2014.

HDS has a very direct hiring process that was easy to work through. I had 1 intro survey interview, 3 telephone interviews (1 with the hiring manager and the other 2 were Q&A with team members) and then the hiring manager flew in to meet with me for the last interview and presented an offer. They are very interested in character. There was a technical interview but it was very direct and either you know the answers or you don't, no trick questions. I wish all interview processes were this straight forward and friendly!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions, however I did have to relay that I was not well qualified in the storage area. Since this is not what they were looking for it did not have an impact.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was conversational and again very easy to work through. The benefits package is awesome and the compensation was very fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems.

I first got a call interview from the hiring manager. The next day I got interviewed by my mentor. Lastly I met with my manager for a face-to-face interview where I got hired.

There was no negotiate since it was an intern position.

Order Fulfillment Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems.

I had 3 phone interviews. All were set up with the best times for me in mind, since I was working at the time. Interviewer was very professional but did not make me feel uncomfortable. Just gave me the best situation to sell myself and make him believe in me.

Interview Questions
    • What have I accomplished in my job that I am most proud of.   View Answer
    No negotiation needed. I was happy with the offer and took it !

Junior Automation Engineer Interview

interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in June 2014.

I applied for the job and was scheduled an phone interview. The call was for about 40 minutes wherein the interviewer asked me few question on certain linux commands such as how to search for a telephone number in a directory, etc. He asked me two programming question, one was to print all odd numbers and the other question was to check for a palindrome number. HE then asked me about my projects and the technologies i have worked in and few other HR related question.

Solutions Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in April 2014.

I was contacted in firts place by local management team, invited to firts interview, I was choosen to short list between others and I was hiried after some interviews with Manager of my area, Latina America VP, HR from Brazil and Latina America and with the Dictrict Manager. All very kind, good speaking, very enthusiastic abount company and the culture.

Interview Questions
    • The most dificult was take a decision to move from a Big Company like I used work for to HDS afer many years working there.   Answer Question
    HDS was very clear about the offer and gave everything what I expected.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems.

First a screening interview with recruiter followed by two in-depth interviews with technical and business side managers. Finally, onsite interview with a few others. The whole process was done professionally. It was clear from the beginning that they wanted to move quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult except the technical interview was very expansive   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation - take it or leave it

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in May 2014.

I got an email from HR about setting up an on site interview (I live in the area). Had one short interview on site and heard back from them in a week like they promised. They didn't ask me that many questions, they talked more than I did.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do during the internship?   View Answer

QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in June 2011.

There will be an initial phone interview for screening. If you pass that, a few days later you will get called in to meet with 5 people for some 1 on 1 interviews. The in-person interview lasts for about 4 hours or so. Generally, the final decision will be available roughly within 72 hours.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!