Hitachi Data Systems Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in August 2012.

2 phone screens, 3 rounds onsite interview

Interview Questions
not much

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in February 2012.

I got a call within days of posting my resume. The recruiter was awesome. She was knowledgeable and straightforward. The people who helped her schedule phone and then in- person interviews were also responsive. Scheduling done via email. Offer was all electronic. It was all so professional and so quick - I was excited about the company and position.

Unfortunately, once the job started I found there was no new hire training, no plan for who I should meet or to teach me the job expectations. No clear direction on what I was supposed to. I was left to "figure it out" myself and a colleague who sat by me said that was how HDS rolls. You get hired and then it's "good luck!" and you sink or swim. The job was also not what I was told during the interview. The aspects of the position that were left out by the interviewers were key to my ability to do & like the job. Had I learned those things during the interview, I would NOT have accepted the job. Instead, I painfully figured those things out and resigned within 2 months. They basically misrepresented the job and now I have to explain to potential employers why I was only there for a brief time and it doesn't feel too good.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question. They were pretty basic - some behavioral.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation - I accepted right away because recruiter and I had talked about my comp expectations at the beginning of the process.

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!