Hitachi Data Systems Solutions Architect Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in April 2014.

HDS has a very direct hiring process that was easy to work through. I had 1 intro survey interview, 3 telephone interviews (1 with the hiring manager and the other 2 were Q&A with team members) and then the hiring manager flew in to meet with me for the last interview and presented an offer. They are very interested in character. There was a technical interview but it was very direct and either you know the answers or you don't, no trick questions. I wish all interview processes were this straight forward and friendly!

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember any difficult questions, however I did have to relay that I was not well qualified in the storage area. Since this is not what they were looking for it did not have an impact.   Answer Question
The negotiation phase was conversational and again very easy to work through. The benefits package is awesome and the compensation was very fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in May 2010.

A incredibly detailed interviews from all aspects of engineering organization. Solution architecture group reports to engineering. I've met with rank and file engineers and high level managers. Day interviews, night interviews, group interviews, lunch interviews, all of them. The culture is great within engineering, but apparently engineering is quite disconnected from other organization.

Interview Questions
    • Question about details about storage area network deployments and backup implementation at customer sites.   View Answer

Very difficult to succeed in a sales job when such disconnect exits between sales and marketing and my technical sales-oriented job.

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Data Systems in September 2010.

Contacted by a recruiter for a position outside of HDS but similar responsibilities. Although appealing, I don't believe the organization would be suitable in comparison to HDS work place.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe an example as to when had a difficult situation to present a viable solution although not as profitable to your organization   View Answer

Satisfied with current position