Hitachi Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.8

Entry Level Consultant Interview

This was an on campus interview where the firm had several people running interviews for the whole day. Interview started with casual conversation, senior-consultant conducting the interview was friendly and willing to share his experiences openly. Overall, was a good interview as he really helped me get a sense of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond the expectations of your work.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hitachi.

Behavior-based questions

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi in October 2014.

First round was of two sections.
    aptitude and technical
    aptitude section had 20 questions from probability, time and work, distance,area and circumferance of triangle etc for 20 mins
    In technical, there were again 20 questions. they were about loaders, linkers, binders,operating systems, few output related questions etc.

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi in July 2014.

I applied through a recruitment agency, and was in the interview a week later. The interview was with a lady from the HR department and the two Japanese men I would be working for as PA. The interview was in half English and half Japanese. The discussion was very informal, and I was glad to have made them laugh. Probably one of the best interviews I had in my search.

The downside was that I was their second choice and they kept me for almost 3 weeks while they decided.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your previous work that will help you be a good PA?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, the package was already very nice.

Design Officer Interview

The interview is conducted by a HR officer and DP manager. They asked general questions about your final year project, any work experience and what kind of software and language you can use.

Senior Technician Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hitachi.

Have to know about the main product that we produce,related item with ISO,green procurement and environmental procedure.Basic knowledge on safety and health and factory working environment.

Mechanical QA/AutoCAD Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dammam (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hitachi in August 2011.

They conduct an interview one on one. Also have a actual checking for the jobs.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi in July 2011.

The interview was only for one day and it is very laid back. I went for the first interview and got selected instantly for final interview at the same day. It went well but the only mistake I made was I forgot to turn off my phone. The phone vibrated very LOUD. I failed the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of engineering jobs are you interested in? Why?   Answer Question

Zonal Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi in May 2011.

I received call directly from HR deptt of the Company.
    I have gone through the official website of the Company particulary
    profile, history, products and financials of the Company.

I have done detailed analysis of important functions handled by me
    with my current employee along with how to address my strengths,
    weaknesses and Salary negotiation guide lines suggested by one
    senior job consultant.

Interview Questions
    • How you would handle Service sale supervision of the region which was not handled by you till now.   View Answer
    • How would you handle a Business decision taken by your superiors related to Credit control where you were not in agreement.   View Answer

Offer was initially in the vicinity of mine i.e. my preferred location but after interview I have been
    given offer for Head office which could not be accepted due to certain reasons.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi in May 2011.

email was sent about shortlisting, we were called to head office on specified date. around 50 students were called. a written test was taken to check basics. it was objective type paper and result was declared in 15-20 minutes. candidates who cleared the written test were called for next round of technical interview and hr interview.

Interview Questions

offering same salary as to freshers, inspite of my prior work ex.