Hitachi Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.9

Software Interview

Interview

Decent process for the interview. Prompt response. I felt I was treated positively throughout the process. Got the offer in 2 weeks and was ready to move soon. Good company to work for.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Harrodsburg, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

Panel interview, very informal, and friendly. They make you feel comfortable immediately walking into the door, especially if you are already working for the company (because you already know the panel that is interviewing you). Interviews typically last 15-20 minutes maximum, unless you have questions, and or give more information about yourself. Interview consist of around 4 questions that are very generic about Leadership, or the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Examples of what you can do as a Supervisor to change, and or improve the overall production, quality, satisfaction of the product and employee.   Answer Question

Interview

This was an on campus interview where the firm had several people running interviews for the whole day. Interview started with casual conversation, senior-consultant conducting the interview was friendly and willing to share his experiences openly. Overall, was a good interview as he really helped me get a sense of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond the expectations of your work.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi (Harrodsburg, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a somewhat relaxed panel interview. I had just worked a 12 hour shift and drove for an hour to get there. I was early and waited 20 minutes for the interview. By that time I was really tired and decided that I didn't really care if I got the job or not because already had one. I think this mind frame helped a lot with not being nervous.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

Behavior-based questions

Negotiation

Non-exempt Salaried Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Berea, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

3 interviews, basic questions for my position. One phone interview, two on-site interviews. Met with my direct supervisor, her manager and the HR manager. The questions were easy and I could tell that I had more experience and a higher skill set than those that interviewed me. If I didn't need a job to keep my family alive, I would have kept looking.

Negotiation

They require a hair follicle drug screening to get hired.

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

First round is a telephonic interview by two researchers/managers. Round 2 in a technical presentation and discussion over relevant research topic, generally by providing a research paper few days in advance. Round 3 is a minor coding round

Interview Questions

• Typical machine learning, data analytics, statistics questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pānīpat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi (Pānīpat (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview process,took 17-18 hours Aptitude and quantitative in fill in the blanks format GD- scenario based Article on favorite movie Interview - technical 30 min They asked me about problems about data structure and to write a program or a pseudo code for that problem Interview- HR 20 min Normal questions such as why should we hire you any other offer you have Not difficult

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter for about 30 minutes on general questions on your experiences and some technical questions followed by 5hours of open book technical practical test on the following domains - Windows, IIS and HTML - Linux system - A code on given objective

Interview Questions

• Write a code using Python or PHP   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi (Bangalore (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

First round was of two sections. aptitude and technical aptitude section had 20 questions from probability, time and work, distance,area and circumferance of triangle etc for 20 mins In technical, there were again 20 questions. they were about loaders, linkers, binders,operating systems, few output related questions etc.