Hitachi Medical Systems America

Hitachi Medical Systems America Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Medical Systems America

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Hitachi Medical Systems America.

Initial interview over the phone, then a formal in person interview starting with HR and then several other personnel from the server department. It is an all day visit and resulted in a next day response. Company flies prospect out to office in Ohio and conducts an all day interview process. Very thorough, including a basic electronics test and other challenging interview questions.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Medical Systems America in November 2013.

Most of the questions were the run of the mill how much experience do you have, why did you leave your last job, tell me about a problem you solved. I was also asked why I would like to work for Hitachi Medical Systems. Seemed to be a lot of long pauses after answering questions which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions
    • The Technical questions seemed vague so I had a hard time gauging how in depth of an answer they wanted. Overall nothing seemed very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Medical Systems America in August 2013.

Very vague questions were asked looking for me to interpret what it was he wanted to hear. Asked a lot of experience questions looking for the most experienced individual to move forward. Very professional interviewer however left it up primarily to me to decipher what it was exactly that he was asking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Medical Systems America in September 2009.

A phone interview is conducted with the VP of Field Service and if he feels that you may be a good fit for the job you are then flown to the headquarters in Twinsburg, OH. You will first take a basic electronics test to gauge your knowledge. If you pass this then you will have interviews with various people sometimes an individual interview, or a panel interview. If you make it past these then you are taken to lunch after lunch you speak to HR and then you meet the VP of Field Service. Be warned they used bait and switch on me. I was offered a position with the company in one location and after I flew home they informed they had filled the position and they offered me another position almost 1,000 miles away.

Interview Questions
    • If you understand basic electronics you have nothing to fear with the exam.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They said you have 3 hours to accept or we offer it to someone else.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Medical Systems America in March 2009.

Upon graduation Hitachi had looked over all of the recent graduates resume and invited several prospects to be interviewed at the school by your future manager. He asked several technical questions and wanted to see if you could navigate their CD interface for a particular model. I was then invited to a second interview at school with my manager and his manger. This interview required more situational questions regarding circumstances with customers and equipment. After successfully passing both interviews there was a third and final call interview with the previous two manager's boss. This consisted of a quick overview of the company and a feel for you personally. I was prepared for the technical questions being recently graduated and had no problem with them. The situational questions was using common sense and empathizing with the customers point of view. I would advise anyone to focus on electronic basics, RF amplifiers and antennas, and customer satisfaction since there is no school for MRI and the company will teach you.

Interview Questions
    • Ca you identify and explain these common electronic symbols.   Answer Question
    • Can you find the parts list navigating the CD for this particular model of MRI.   Answer Question