Hoag Memorial Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.6

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Long interview process, ended up interviewing with 4 different people for a few different positions. In the end I got my dream job! I suppose the long hiring process helped them place me in a position where my skills were best utilized.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance as manager where you incountered a problem with an employee on your team. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Central Supply Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital.

Interview

Applied on the website, received a phone call to set up interview with human resources. The HR interview was over the phone, the person was very delightful to speak to. I was then contacted by the manager of that department. The coordinator of the department interviewed me, the interview was all over the place and unprofessional unlike the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where something did not go according to plan, or that failed completely, how did you handle and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wages are set. Hoag offers the lowest of all orange county hospitals in all departments and positions, Human resources will say they annually compare the going rates for positions but offer no public display of their findings. The compensation department sets entry level wages for all positions. You can try to negotiate, hoag normally asks what you made in your last position, this will be used to help them offer what they have budgeted for, your last position wage will help set a starting point.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first with recruiter with typical interview questions and then she sent me a form to fill out more answers to interview questions with scenario type questions. The recruiter will warn you that there is an in-depth background check and you will also need 5 professional references within 24 hours. Have them ready, you will need phone numbers and email addresses. Then an in-person interview with unit manager. She asked many scenario type questions as well.

Interview Questions

• In a time when there was chaos, how did you come together as a team to have a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Admitting Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Legit.

Interview Questions

• Don't be under prepared and you will be fine. Smile and talk about how much you love people and how you skills will easily transition into this environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Start off 10 dollars higher than you think you are worth. 15 even! The amount of work that you end up doing is barley worth it. (hourly wages)

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in December 2013.

Interview

Initial process was time consuming, needed to discern the nurse recruiter, then fill out a questionnaire. Along with the questionnaire, online login for their site and application to be filled out. Received telephone interview with nurse recruiter within about a day, then about a week later got in person interview with hiring manager/director. Some people I've talked to say it can take up to 1-3 months to even get a reply from the nurse recruiter and may never talk to a hiring manager. I had a friend who recommended me though so it seemed that I got in quicker/easier than most.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult or unexpected, but had to meet with staff in the break room and was asked by them, not the hiring manager what I'd bring to the unit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase, was hired per diem, then offered a full time job within a short amount of time.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital.

Interview

Completely benign. Asked some clinical questions which were basic knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application online directly on the website on a Sunday. Later that week I got contacted by the hiring manager asking a few questions. From there, a phone interview with the HR recruiter was scheduled for the following Monday. The phone interview was short and sweet and I was scheduled for an on-site interview on the spot for that Wednesday. The on-site interview consisted of a panel with a peer and to-be manager. From there I was directed that if I was to continue, the next step in the process would be a phone interview with the IT Sr Exec, as he was unable to join the on-site interview. I got contacted the next day, via e-mail, for a phone interview with the Sr Exec that Friday! I was told I would hear back within three business days if I was to get the position or not. Sure enough, I got contacted two business days later by the hiring manager with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Based on what you know about the program, what metrics would you measure to show progress or improvement?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital (Irvine, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was asked where do I see myself in 5years. What I knew about the hospital.

Interview Questions

• What I knew about magent hospital.I   1 Answer

Medical Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position, was called by a recruiter from the HR department of the hospital. I was asked to comply with a background check, drug test, physical exam and tb test. I was emailed a website to go to, printed out the background check document, filled it out, signed, and faxed it to the number I was given. Then I set up an appointment to do a drug test, physical exam, and TB test. I was then interviewed by the manager of the department when the results were back. I called to follow up, and was given a second interview where I was offered the Medical Records Clerk Job. Three months later, I was promoted to the Medical Records Transcriptionist job by the same manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more money! I started out at $11.00 per hour, with an $0.87 differential for working night shift. I did not negotiate anything, and was just happy to have a job after a year, but think before you accept!

Chief Linical Perfusionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

brief and all to the point