Hoag Memorial Hospital

Hoag Memorial Hospital Interview Questions

2.4

Admitting Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital.

Legit.

Interview Questions
    • Don't be under prepared and you will be fine. Smile and talk about how much you love people and how you skills will easily transition into this environment.   Answer Question
    Start off 10 dollars higher than you think you are worth. 15 even! The amount of work that you end up doing is barley worth it. (hourly wages)

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in December 2013.

Initial process was time consuming, needed to discern the nurse recruiter, then fill out a questionnaire. Along with the questionnaire, online login for their site and application to be filled out. Received telephone interview with nurse recruiter within about a day, then about a week later got in person interview with hiring manager/director. Some people I've talked to say it can take up to 1-3 months to even get a reply from the nurse recruiter and may never talk to a hiring manager. I had a friend who recommended me though so it seemed that I got in quicker/easier than most.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult or unexpected, but had to meet with staff in the break room and was asked by them, not the hiring manager what I'd bring to the unit.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation phase, was hired per diem, then offered a full time job within a short amount of time.

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital.

Completely benign. Asked some clinical questions which were basic knowledge.

There was none

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital.

I submitted an application online directly on the website on a Sunday. Later that week I got contacted by the hiring manager asking a few questions. From there, a phone interview with the HR recruiter was scheduled for the following Monday.

The phone interview was short and sweet and I was scheduled for an on-site interview on the spot for that Wednesday.

The on-site interview consisted of a panel with a peer and to-be manager. From there I was directed that if I was to continue, the next step in the process would be a phone interview with the IT Sr Exec, as he was unable to join the on-site interview.

I got contacted the next day, via e-mail, for a phone interview with the Sr Exec that Friday! I was told I would hear back within three business days if I was to get the position or not.

Sure enough, I got contacted two business days later by the hiring manager with an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Based on what you know about the program, what metrics would you measure to show progress or improvement?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in April 2012.

I was asked where do I see myself in 5years. What I knew about the hospital.

Medical Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in March 2010.

I applied to the position, was called by a recruiter from the HR department of the hospital. I was asked to comply with a background check, drug test, physical exam and tb test. I was emailed a website to go to, printed out the background check document, filled it out, signed, and faxed it to the number I was given. Then I set up an appointment to do a drug test, physical exam, and TB test. I was then interviewed by the manager of the department when the results were back. I called to follow up, and was given a second interview where I was offered the Medical Records Clerk Job. Three months later, I was promoted to the Medical Records Transcriptionist job by the same manager.

Interview Questions
    Ask for more money! I started out at $11.00 per hour, with an $0.87 differential for working night shift. I did not negotiate anything, and was just happy to have a job after a year, but think before you accept!

Chief Linical Perfusionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in December 2009.

brief and all to the point

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in October 2007.

After submitting an application online, I was contacted very soon thereafter. The initial phone interview was done by HR and was very personal -- background, where I grew up, interests, etc. It was more of a conversation between friends than an interview. That weaved into how I had chosen my career path. The call lasted about 40 minutes. I was invited for an in-person interview, which they flew me in for. I met with the same HR rep I had spoken to on the phone, and then met with my future supervisor and one co-worker. Everyone was friendly and inviting.

Medical Insurance Billing Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hoag Memorial Hospital in July 2009.

The human resource manager was friendly and asked several questions based on my experiences, qualifications and career goals. Although my manager who interviewed me was very cold and not friendly, she tried her best since it seemed to be out of her nature of being friendly. All together the interview took less than a couple of hours.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a co-worker that is not doing their fair share of the job?   Answer Question