Hobbico

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hobbico

Product Support Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hobbico.

I had to contact them a few times after I submitted my application to check the status. From interview to hire was about one month. The interviewer seemed very distant, aloof and did not seem to take notes. Perhaps this was a well dressed formality.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were few and not very challenging. Basic idea was to feel out the interviewee and it felt a bit cold. The most difficult question: Do you have a hobby or will you be into "the Hobby" at any point?   View Answer
    No negotiation, everything was described as fixed and usual.

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hobbico in August 2014.

Interviewed with an HR manager first who was very disinterested in me as a potential employee but simply wanted me to reiterate facts that were already disclosed on my resume. Quite standard questions. I was asked to describe every job I'd held that was listed on my application. The interview with the manager of the department where I would potentially be working was actually the best interview I'd ever been through. The manager was pleasant, articulate, relaxed, thorough and she complimented my personality and portfolio.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected, but the question about where you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answers (2)

Picker/Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hobbico in July 2008.

I had two interviews and the first one was alright , the person interviewing me was rude and had a rude disposition about her!! but they asked all the normal questions of your strong points and your weak areas.

Interview Questions
    do you think this is something you could do? was the question i was asked