Hobby Lobby

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Normal question why u want to work for company, explain back ground, ordering inventory, need someone that will work freight not so much managing store. Flexible schedule willing to work different hrs. Do you homework and know about company and what products company owns that they sell inside of store they make their own candles and you will have to learn how to do all the jobs in the store like a good managers would know how to do. How would you handle conflict resolution.

Interview Question – How would you handle payroll controls.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received better offer but good starting pay for the job

Aurora, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot while shopping in the store.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexplained questions.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Phone interview, In person interview with HR, In person interview with specific store management

Interview Question – Interviewer showed a list of characteristics-many of which were Christian based and asked which were the 5 that I displayed the most in my life and the 5 that I least displayed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The wage was preset.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Valdosta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in September 2009.

Interview Details – Quite lengthy and method based. The mere quantity of applicants in this price/experience range apparantley forces them to use a screening process that is quite impersonal.

Interview Question – Are you accustomed to following procedure or company policy?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was looking for more creative freedom where a person with self motivated inititave can stand out. They are in search of young impressionable minds who follow established structures.

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewer said he had many applicants ,immediately berated my experience and said he was eliminating the extra applicants .... the entire four minute process uncomfortable due to his advesarial approach.
My opinion of the company changed immediately from favorable to very unfavorable- if you treat people poorly before they go to work for you..why would things change after you were hired?

Interview Question – What kind of hours did you work?   View Answer

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2011.

Interview Details – One on one interview took 2 hours

Interview Question – What was something you did at work you are most proud of?   View Answer

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!