Hobby Lobby

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Applications are not available on-line. You must apply on paper at the store you are interested in working in. Questions were standard. When are you available? What retail experience do you have? Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions
  • The interview included a basic math test - percents, decimals, the type of things necessary when working with money. It's not hard and a calculator is available if wanted.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Asked standard interview questions about personal qualities, previous work experience, and why I would make a good employee there

Interview Questions
    • "What would past employers say about you?"
      "What do you know about our company?"

Answer Question
    I was hired part time, there were no benefits to negotiate. Their starting pay was well above minimum wage so I had no reason to negotiate there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vicksburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vicksburg, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2014.

Newspaper said lowest paid wage would be $14/hr. When I interviewed they said $9.50/hr and 12hr days 7 days a week for at least 3 weeks. They said no promises other than the three weeks. All questions were from a script 1. Why Hobby Lobby? 2. What do you know about Hobby Lobby? 3. What are your best qualities? 4. What would my former supervisor have to say about me? 5. What was my favorite and least favorite thing about my last job? I had a math test consisting of 16 questions and I could not use a calculator. Two with multiplication of multiple digits, two with addition with decimals and about eight questions with percentages off of items and four questions adding sales tax of 7 1/2%. I was hired on the spot. They said they were hiring about 55 people to open the store and then weeding out the ones that won't work for them keeping about 20 employees. The ones that are the best of the best will get hired full-time at $14/hr working on average 35hrs/week. Most will be part time at $9.50/hr. I was interviewed by two managers, both were extremely polite!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They were firm on the 9.50/hr even though they said lowest pay would be 14/hr for full time.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Everyone is required to do a math test and an in person interview no matter the position. You have to do a math test when you first get there and are given a pencil along with a calculator sure you know how to figure out sale prices. Otherwise they were pretty easy standard questions. For instance one was, "How do to feel about doing different cleaning tasks at the end of the night?" "Why do you are qualified for this position and why did you leave your previous job?"

Didn't get one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in April 2010.

Ehh...I don't really have too much to say..just trying to fill in the 50 word minimum. The interview was in depth and had questions and a math test. The math test is difficult if you haven't been in school for a long time. But it is doable. That's all.

Interview Questions
    • Math test was the most difficult. They Had many other questions that I cannot remember. The interview was in depth and I believe I had a background check. I think also a drug test. The interview was a packet of papers, question and answer. Maybe about 30 questions or so. Made me kind of nervous, but it wasn't terrible.   Answer Question
    Don't.