Hobby Lobby Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

1.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2014.

I actually gave them my app two months before I received my call back. I was told that they were full staff but that they would hold my application. Then two months later they said they called and asked if I was still interested in an interview. At the interview the main office was already in use (I figured it was another interview) so the interview was held in the classroom. The Manager gave me the run of the mill interview questions, he actually read them all from a paper.
He told me that at Hobby Lobby we at times have to wear different hats, sometimes cashier need to help clean and the leads need to help with registers even the manager himself helps the others, he asked how I felt about that and if I can tell him of a time when I stepped in to go above my normal job outline to help my coworkers.
Asked what I knew about the company and the founder (David Green). And why I wanted to work there at HL.
He told me that we would have to deal with numbers frequently and so I would need to take a math test. He also told me that everyone including himself has taken the test. It was a math test 16 questions, we were aloud 8 incorrect answers and no calculators. The questions were basically for when they have sales (percentages) or adding tax(multiplying with decimals). He gave me plenty of time to finish and double check my answers while he went to his office. I ended up only having two wrong.
Don’t recall if he asked many more questions after the test.
He mentioned that he had more interviews but wanted me back for a second interview and they would call me sometime soon. Two days later they called and asked If I wanted the job and could start in two days.

Interview Questions
  • At what point would I consider myself "late"   View Answer
No I didn't even realize how much I got until I received my first pay stub(they just recently gave everyone a raise which was more that what my research showed).

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

Sat down with the manager and started through typical questions. He got a phone call and left the room for about 5 minutes to talk to his employees about something, then resumed a typical interview. Took a percentages math test that he let me retake once he taught me how to do the math (it's been years since math class!)

Interview Questions

I had another interview the next day and was honest about it. He understood and let me get back to him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2013.

Basic Interview Questions from GM, such as why you want to work for them, what were the past jobs and if there was any desire to move up in the company and general math test.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2010.

Gave resume to store manager and was called for interview within 4 days. I was quite impressed with the interviewing manager. He was easy to talk to and he answered questions I had. The position was explained well. Atmosphere was inviting and pleasant. Responsibilities ended up being more extensive than outlined in interview. Was not informed that here would be many extended shifts which would sometimes be in excess of 12 hours.

Negotiate???

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

The time it took to receive a call back was quite lengthy. I wasn't directly asked about my religion (although they are a very Christian company) but I was indirectly persuaded to share what I was. I felt I would not have been hired if I had said I was anything but Christian. The interview wasn't terribly formal, the conversation was casual. The questions were fairly easy. I felt I was judged more on my personality than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple. The most difficult one would have to be, "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question
    It was simple, they offered more than I had asked.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2013.

I filled out a paper application on site, and got a call later on that week. We set up an interview for four days later. I was in a joint interview with one other person. The store manager stood across from us and asked us the same question, one after the other. Then, he gave us a timed math test. It was all basic division/multiplication, and word problems relating to customer interaction.

He said he'd be in contact soon, and I got a call the next day for a follow up interview whereupon he requested I bring my SS card. The next interview was basically him just asking my availability and filling out the job paperwork. He then gave me the tour, and we set up when I'd begin work. The whole process took less than two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know about the company? Who's the CEO?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Very easy for the most part. Simple questions about work ethic and experience. Be prepared to take a math exam to prove you are qualified and understand how to accurately give discounts

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

I got a phone call from Hobby Lobby and they asked me which day and time would be best for me to come interview.

I got there and sat down with the manager at his office.

I took a short math test, since I was applying for cashier position.

There was the standard sorts of questions about "what are your skills and experiences" and "what are your weaknesses" "what do you bring to the team"
    The manager was very interested in making sure I'd had experience in retail before, and was able to learn and react to different situations.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should I hire you instead of anyone else who applied"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Dora, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2013.

At the Hiring Event I went to Hobby Lobby 3 times before the hired me

Interview Questions
    • They ask you Basic Question what do you know about Hobby Lobby.   Answer Question
    They tell you how much they are going to pay you

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arvada, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

I was given a math test to complete along with a calculator before my interview. After that was completed I was asked how I feel about cleaning the store at the end of the night. As well as simple things like why I left my last job and job experience related questions.

No negotiation was allowed even after trying to make 25 cents more than what was offered.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!