Hobby Lobby Cashier Interview Questions

1.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boardman, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

Sat down with the manager and started through typical questions. He got a phone call and left the room for about 5 minutes to talk to his employees about something, then resumed a typical interview. Took a percentages math test that he let me retake once he taught me how to do the math (it's been years since math class!)

Interview Questions

I had another interview the next day and was honest about it. He understood and let me get back to him.

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2014.

I actually gave them my app two months before I received my call back. I was told that they were full staff but that they would hold my application. Then two months later they said they called and asked if I was still interested in an interview. At the interview the main office was already in use (I figured it was another interview) so the interview was held in the classroom. The Manager gave me the run of the mill interview questions, he actually read them all from a paper.
    He told me that at Hobby Lobby we at times have to wear different hats, sometimes cashier need to help clean and the leads need to help with registers even the manager himself helps the others, he asked how I felt about that and if I can tell him of a time when I stepped in to go above my normal job outline to help my coworkers.
    Asked what I knew about the company and the founder (David Green). And why I wanted to work there at HL.
    He told me that we would have to deal with numbers frequently and so I would need to take a math test. He also told me that everyone including himself has taken the test. It was a math test 16 questions, we were aloud 8 incorrect answers and no calculators. The questions were basically for when they have sales (percentages) or adding tax(multiplying with decimals). He gave me plenty of time to finish and double check my answers while he went to his office. I ended up only having two wrong.
    Don’t recall if he asked many more questions after the test.
    He mentioned that he had more interviews but wanted me back for a second interview and they would call me sometime soon. Two days later they called and asked If I wanted the job and could start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • At what point would I consider myself "late"   View Answer
    No I didn't even realize how much I got until I received my first pay stub(they just recently gave everyone a raise which was more that what my research showed).

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

I got a phone call from Hobby Lobby and they asked me which day and time would be best for me to come interview.

I got there and sat down with the manager at his office.

I took a short math test, since I was applying for cashier position.

There was the standard sorts of questions about "what are your skills and experiences" and "what are your weaknesses" "what do you bring to the team"
    The manager was very interested in making sure I'd had experience in retail before, and was able to learn and react to different situations.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should I hire you instead of anyone else who applied"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arvada, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

I was given a math test to complete along with a calculator before my interview. After that was completed I was asked how I feel about cleaning the store at the end of the night. As well as simple things like why I left my last job and job experience related questions.

No negotiation was allowed even after trying to make 25 cents more than what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview was done with a Manager from another store and the assistant manager. Afterwards, you are given a simple 25 question math test that includes subtraction, addition, multiplication, addition, and percentage problems.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any questions to be difficult. All were simple questions and didn't require much thought.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

The time it took to receive a call back was quite lengthy. I wasn't directly asked about my religion (although they are a very Christian company) but I was indirectly persuaded to share what I was. I felt I would not have been hired if I had said I was anything but Christian. The interview wasn't terribly formal, the conversation was casual. The questions were fairly easy. I felt I was judged more on my personality than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple. The most difficult one would have to be, "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question
    It was simple, they offered more than I had asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Very easy for the most part. Simple questions about work ethic and experience. Be prepared to take a math exam to prove you are qualified and understand how to accurately give discounts

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Met with the manager and answered a few generic HR questions. We were required to take a very simple math test, in which we could use a calculator. Afterwards we discussed how to memorize the sale ad and discussed pay. I was given a quick tour of the breakroom and shown where to go for the schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Dora, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2013.

At the Hiring Event I went to Hobby Lobby 3 times before the hired me

Interview Questions
    • They ask you Basic Question what do you know about Hobby Lobby.   Answer Question
    They tell you how much they are going to pay you

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2013.

Basic Interview Questions from GM, such as why you want to work for them, what were the past jobs and if there was any desire to move up in the company and general math test.

No negotiations

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!