Hobby Lobby Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

It was a very basic interview with the manager, with questions applying to previous job, customer service experience, and difficulties in work and how you have handled them. Manager was very nice, personable, and while he could sense my nerves he was very reassuring. Despite Hobby Lobbys religious views, it was never mentioned in this interview. Interview was followed with a math test, involving multiplication and percentages, ie, the price of a sale item after discount. Unlike other job interviews I've been to, I was not left to complete this test, but had to complete it directly across from him, without any input on the time needed to complete it. Not the most comfortable experience. I did not finish the interview, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous supervisors say about you if I were to call them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Met manager. Walked to back of store and sat in office. Was asked standard interview questions. Chose not to answer one or two. Very personality based questions, and a few trick questions. Given 16 question math test. No time limit for the test. Waited while manager graded test. Was offered job immediately.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider an acceptable attendance record?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Schenectady, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair. I sat down with one manager who talked for about 5 minutes, asking why I chose the company and why I left my previous job. I got a second interview immediately. We talked about the same things, just more in depth. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Stewart's?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Easy, it really depends on your manager. If you are being referred by someone who already works there, its very simple. I don't even remember them asking me questions, I just took a simple math test.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Apply in person with a paper application. Received a call to come in for an interview within the week. I was unable to go for an interview so I declined the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Killeen, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call and they told me come in for a assessment. The assessment was about math, which I completed quite easily. There was no time limit and the math questions dealt with basic arithmetic and percents. I was contacted days later for the interview which went quite well and I'm hoping they get back to me.

Cashiers Interview

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Interviewed with manager then offered position a few days later. There were very redundant questions that upper management requires. Overall was quick and easy. It's just retail.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult customer service issue and give exact example   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Boardman, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Sat down with the manager and started through typical questions. He got a phone call and left the room for about 5 minutes to talk to his employees about something, then resumed a typical interview. Took a percentages math test that he let me retake once he taught me how to do the math (it's been years since math class!)

Interview Questions

I had another interview the next day and was honest about it. He understood and let me get back to him.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2014.

Interview

I actually gave them my app two months before I received my call back. I was told that they were full staff but that they would hold my application. Then two months later they said they called and asked if I was still interested in an interview. At the interview the main office was already in use (I figured it was another interview) so the interview was held in the classroom. The Manager gave me the run of the mill interview questions, he actually read them all from a paper. He told me that at Hobby Lobby we at times have to wear different hats, sometimes cashier need to help clean and the leads need to help with registers even the manager himself helps the others, he asked how I felt about that and if I can tell him of a time when I stepped in to go above my normal job outline to help my coworkers. Asked what I knew about the company and the founder (David Green). And why I wanted to work there at HL. He told me that we would have to deal with numbers frequently and so I would need to take a math test. He also told me that everyone including himself has taken the test. It was a math test 16 questions, we were aloud 8 incorrect answers and no calculators. The questions were basically for when they have sales (percentages) or adding tax(multiplying with decimals). He gave me plenty of time to finish and double check my answers while he went to his office. I ended up only having two wrong. Don’t recall if he asked many more questions after the test. He mentioned that he had more interviews but wanted me back for a second interview and they would call me sometime soon. Two days later they called and asked If I wanted the job and could start in two days.

Interview Questions

• At what point would I consider myself "late"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I didn't even realize how much I got until I received my first pay stub(they just recently gave everyone a raise which was more that what my research showed).

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I got a phone call from Hobby Lobby and they asked me which day and time would be best for me to come interview. I got there and sat down with the manager at his office. I took a short math test, since I was applying for cashier position. There was the standard sorts of questions about "what are your skills and experiences" and "what are your weaknesses" "what do you bring to the team" The manager was very interested in making sure I'd had experience in retail before, and was able to learn and react to different situations.

Interview Questions

• "Why should I hire you instead of anyone else who applied"   Answer Question