Hobby Lobby

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – The time it took to receive a call back was quite lengthy. I wasn't directly asked about my religion (although they are a very Christian company) but I was indirectly persuaded to share what I was. I felt I would not have been hired if I had said I was anything but Christian. The interview wasn't terribly formal, the conversation was casual. The questions were fairly easy. I felt I was judged more on my personality than anything else.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple. The most difficult one would have to be, "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple, they offered more than I had asked.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out a paper application on site, and got a call later on that week. We set up an interview for four days later. I was in a joint interview with one other person. The store manager stood across from us and asked us the same question, one after the other. Then, he gave us a timed math test. It was all basic division/multiplication, and word problems relating to customer interaction.

He said he'd be in contact soon, and I got a call the next day for a follow up interview whereupon he requested I bring my SS card. The next interview was basically him just asking my availability and filling out the job paperwork. He then gave me the tour, and we set up when I'd begin work. The whole process took less than two weeks.

Interview Question – "What do you know about the company? Who's the CEO?"   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy for the most part. Simple questions about work ethic and experience. Be prepared to take a math exam to prove you are qualified and understand how to accurately give discounts

Interview Question – The math test   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from Hobby Lobby and they asked me which day and time would be best for me to come interview.

I got there and sat down with the manager at his office.

I took a short math test, since I was applying for cashier position.

There was the standard sorts of questions about "what are your skills and experiences" and "what are your weaknesses" "what do you bring to the team"
The manager was very interested in making sure I'd had experience in retail before, and was able to learn and react to different situations.

Interview Question – "Why should I hire you instead of anyone else who applied"   Answer Question

Mount Dora, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2013.

Interview Details – At the Hiring Event I went to Hobby Lobby 3 times before the hired me

Interview Question – They ask you Basic Question what do you know about Hobby Lobby.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you how much they are going to pay you

Very Easy Interview

Arvada, CO

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – I was given a math test to complete along with a calculator before my interview. After that was completed I was asked how I feel about cleaning the store at the end of the night. As well as simple things like why I left my last job and job experience related questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed even after trying to make 25 cents more than what was offered.

Very Easy Interview

Toledo, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went smooth. The manager just ask basic questions and gave a brief description about the company.

Interview Question – The were no difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details –

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed in-person with the store manager only. First had to pass a very basic written arithmetic test without the use of a calculator. Then it was standard interview questions, and lots of boring background information about the company's history. Took over an hour because the store manager was very chatty.

Interview Question – Although I had no trouble with this, applicants who didn't pass the math test would be immediately dismissed from the interview.   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was done with a Manager from another store and the assistant manager. Afterwards, you are given a simple 25 question math test that includes subtraction, addition, multiplication, addition, and percentage problems.

Interview Question – I did not find any questions to be difficult. All were simple questions and didn't require much thought.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Met with the manager and answered a few generic HR questions. We were required to take a very simple math test, in which we could use a calculator. Afterwards we discussed how to memorize the sale ad and discussed pay. I was given a quick tour of the breakroom and shown where to go for the schedule.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hobby Lobby

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby Cashier interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees and interview candidates.