Hobby Lobby Department Head Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

1.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Head Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

The hiring and interviewing process is relatively quick. Store manager tends to wait until the last possible minute then it's a hiring frenzy. Come early. Expect interruptions, smile and say YES to be absolutely flexible.

Interview Questions
  • The only criteria is to be completely available and flexible.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Naples, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in December 2013.

Their advertisement claimed they were looking for $14.+/hr Department Heads and I interviewed specifically for that position. I was told that should be no problemo with my background. I was offered a "job in frames" which I thought was fishy. Went on my time to store and was told that the Store Manager's son's BF was hired already for the position and that they had 4 framers and two associates trained as framers. The 24yo Frame Department Head last and only job was he was with a moving company as a day laborer. wow

Interview Questions
    • Will you take a math test and can you work a cash register?   View Answer

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'm the moron.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Going into the interview I knew the Hobby Lobby story, the company values and mission statement. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any hard questions. There is a short, basic skills test, that's it.   Answer Question
    Initially offered part-time, seasonal position for 3 week set. Store set positions are minimum wage, 12 hour days, 7 days a week. There is no guarantee of a full time position. I worked hard, I'm not an idiot. I was offered full-time at the end of the set.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!