Hobby Lobby

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mishawaka, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview was easy. There was only one interview, and at the end I was told I got it.

I did have to take and pass a basic math test.

Interview Question – Some of the math I had not done since High School, so it took me a minuet to remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You got the job, it's part time, pay starts at $8.50 and hour.

Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2008.

Interview Details – The application is pretty straightforward. The first time I applied at the store, I called them a couple days later to show my interest. They offered to interview me the next day. The interview was pretty easy and asked straightforward questions as well such as "What would you consider your biggest flaw?"
The second time I applied for Hobby Lobby they had the same application and interview questions. They gave me an interview right when I turned in my application though. A tip: If you are looking to apply to Hobby Lobby, you have a better chance applying before the holiday season when they need seasonal help. Don't think they'll hire you full time at first either, most of their full time positions fill quickly, and from within the company. If you get hired on as part time don't be surprised. Just know this, you have your foot in the door and the next time a full time spot opens up you could be in line to get it.

Interview Question – The math portion of the interview is the most unexpected questions you will get. Don't worry, they won't not hire you if you aren't good with math. I think it's something silly they do to initiate you to the store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hobby Lobby pays well above min. wage and you will get paid the same rate as everyone else.

Framer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2012.

Interview Details – went well, was nice and hired me on the spot

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation at hobby lobby

Framer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very quick. Its a new store here in the Spokane Valley. An ad in the local paper didnt get printed out, so I had found online a blog about Hobby Lobby hiring. A few people showed up, so there was a mis-communication with the intial hiring process. I basically filled out my info and had an interview on the spot and got offered the position.

Interview Question – If there was one thing I could improve about myself or change what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager offered the position and I took it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hobby Lobby

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby Framer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees and interview candidates.