Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

It was a very basic interview with the manager, with questions applying to previous job, customer service experience, and difficulties in work and how you have handled them. Manager was very nice, personable, and while he could sense my nerves he was very reassuring. Despite Hobby Lobbys religious views, it was never mentioned in this interview. Interview was followed with a math test, involving multiplication and percentages, ie, the price of a sale item after discount. Unlike other job interviews I've been to, I was not left to complete this test, but had to complete it directly across from him, without any input on the time needed to complete it. Not the most comfortable experience. I did not finish the interview, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous supervisors say about you if I were to call them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Met manager. Walked to back of store and sat in office. Was asked standard interview questions. Chose not to answer one or two. Very personality based questions, and a few trick questions. Given 16 question math test. No time limit for the test. Waited while manager graded test. Was offered job immediately.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider an acceptable attendance record?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Interview was okay but found out after I was brought on that I was actually ready to be on-boarded 1 month earlier but was delayed so that I would not receive a partial year bonus. Told to me by my first district manager on my 3 day on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

PT Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Easy. 1:1 with the store manager. All normal questions. She went into a little about the religious culture of the company (the CEO prays before any meeting at headquarters), which should have been a red flag!

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you had at a previous job and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I had a brief, informal interview with one of the managers. He asked the standard basic questions you would expect to be asked at an interview.I was then asked to take a math test that included questions pertaining to things such as calculating percentages, sales tax ext.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Awkward for a retail job. More emphasis placed on skills for a cashier sales clerk position. It felt fake. Even though Hobby Lobby is considered christian it was never mentioned.

Interview Questions

• Math test when you never do math. Questioned about why you want to work there. In this economy I just want a job until I can he back to a career.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I had to call and check the status of my applications. I applied and never heard anything. I called the corporate office the lady I spoke to was nice. She forwarded my information to the proper recruiter. He called me at an unscheduled time and interviewed me. . Of course it was just because I called the corporate office because he was just going through the motion.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Schenectady, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair. I sat down with one manager who talked for about 5 minutes, asking why I chose the company and why I left my previous job. I got a second interview immediately. We talked about the same things, just more in depth. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Stewart's?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Easy, it really depends on your manager. If you are being referred by someone who already works there, its very simple. I don't even remember them asking me questions, I just took a simple math test.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Abilene, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and I was called back a few days later to do a phone interview. That went really well! Then I had to do a reference survey with 10 people. After that I had a VERY extensive assessment test, 5 pages long. Once this was approved, I was contacted to do a face to face interview. I have done a lot of interviews as a hiring manager myself, and I have never had an experience where an interviewer downplays his company to discourage you from being interested. He mentioned long hours, lack of technology, physical work, no home life or work balance. Normally I would think you play up the strengths of your company, but the focus I felt was more on the downside. Despite this, the interview went great until we went over the assessment scores in which the interviewer said I did great on the interview, but failed the assessment. He went on to say that there must be something wrong with me because others did better on the test than I did. To me, I felt he insinuated I was stupid and it was a humiliating experience. If I didn't do well on the assessment, why even call me in for the interview? I understand the importance of the testing, but I think it's very unprofessional to insult an applicant. As a customer I really enjoy shopping in their stores, but I have to say I was left very discouraged by this experience.

Interview Questions

• Working long hours is part of what we do. Can you work 60 to 80 hours a week and still have a balanced home and work life?   1 Answer