Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Co-Manager Interview

Interview

It was a joke, 6 min phone call. Asked me to explain my last job then asked if I hate any questions. The answers were very vanilla. Asked about hours was told 55 per week but 65+ during Nov and Dec and had to be 6 day work weeks. Asked about comp time or bonus for working the 6th day was told no your salary.

Interview Questions

• do you have any questions for me? they didn't ask me anything I had to ask them anything I wanted to know   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

It was a very basic interview with the manager, with questions applying to previous job, customer service experience, and difficulties in work and how you have handled them. Manager was very nice, personable, and while he could sense my nerves he was very reassuring. Despite Hobby Lobbys religious views, it was never mentioned in this interview. Interview was followed with a math test, involving multiplication and percentages, ie, the price of a sale item after discount. Unlike other job interviews I've been to, I was not left to complete this test, but had to complete it directly across from him, without any input on the time needed to complete it. Not the most comfortable experience. I did not finish the interview, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous supervisors say about you if I were to call them.   Answer Question

Department Head/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very easy and basic interview process and questions with the store manager. Manager was very nice and respectful. Interview was followed with a simple 16 math test questions, like multiplication and percentages, and no specific time to finish the test while doing in the office or in the break room. Standard interview questions Personality based questions Few trick questions You wait while manager grade the test

Interview Questions

• available schedule hours. schools schedule. available to work in the evenings and weekends. past experiences (jobs and school). customer service experience questions, difficulties in work, and the way you handled them. Hobby Lobby is a religious company but they never talk about it during the interview, but they say that they don’t open on sundays.   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Port, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (North Port, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

interview took place over the phone. i researched the company and felt prepared for the interview. they did in fact ask a couple questions that caught me off guard. i feel over all the iinterview went well and possibly they felt i was over qualified based on my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• what would stop me from accepting a position with them   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Met manager. Walked to back of store and sat in office. Was asked standard interview questions. Chose not to answer one or two. Very personality based questions, and a few trick questions. Given 16 question math test. No time limit for the test. Waited while manager graded test. Was offered job immediately.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider an acceptable attendance record?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Interview was okay but found out after I was brought on that I was actually ready to be on-boarded 1 month earlier but was delayed so that I would not receive a partial year bonus. Told to me by my first district manager on my 3 day on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy and fast welcoming people although you have to take a math test to even get to the interview part. I really enjoyed the experience. and i wish other company would do it the way this store does it they tell you right off the back when you go to one of there job fairs,

PT Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Easy. 1:1 with the store manager. All normal questions. She went into a little about the religious culture of the company (the CEO prays before any meeting at headquarters), which should have been a red flag!

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you had at a previous job and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I had a brief, informal interview with one of the managers. He asked the standard basic questions you would expect to be asked at an interview.I was then asked to take a math test that included questions pertaining to things such as calculating percentages, sales tax ext.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Awkward for a retail job. More emphasis placed on skills for a cashier sales clerk position. It felt fake. Even though Hobby Lobby is considered christian it was never mentioned.

Interview Questions

• Math test when you never do math. Questioned about why you want to work there. In this economy I just want a job until I can he back to a career.   1 Answer