Hobby Lobby

Average Difficulty
101 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2010.

Interview Details – Gave resume to store manager and was called for interview within 4 days. I was quite impressed with the interviewing manager. He was easy to talk to and he answered questions I had. The position was explained well. Atmosphere was inviting and pleasant. Responsibilities ended up being more extensive than outlined in interview. Was not informed that here would be many extended shifts which would sometimes be in excess of 12 hours.

Interview Question – Are you a team player?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate???

Very Easy Interview

All Around Store Employee Interview

All Around Store Employee

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2014.

Interview Details – Easy - in person, math test, All the standard questions that you would expect after filling out an application - "Why do you want to work here?", "Do you have transportation?", "Can you work 7AM to 7PM?" "Have you worked in retail before?"

Negotiation Details – None - take it or leave it.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty much just a phone interview and a face to face interview with a recruiter. While i was in the store for my interview with the recruiter I walked the store with the store manager as well. The delivery from the store manager and how life is was far from the reality once you start working there. I guess that goes along with the politically correct delivery when you are around corporate officials.

Interview Question – Basic situation questions, leadership style, weaknesses, what you need to improve on in your opinion, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I had recently been laid off from a closing retailer, however I since have found out that you can negotiate salary, bonus, AND vacation time. Definitely negotiate vacation time as you do NOT get any for your first year!

Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – The time it took to receive a call back was quite lengthy. I wasn't directly asked about my religion (although they are a very Christian company) but I was indirectly persuaded to share what I was. I felt I would not have been hired if I had said I was anything but Christian. The interview wasn't terribly formal, the conversation was casual. The questions were fairly easy. I felt I was judged more on my personality than anything else.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple. The most difficult one would have to be, "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple, they offered more than I had asked.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out a paper application on site, and got a call later on that week. We set up an interview for four days later. I was in a joint interview with one other person. The store manager stood across from us and asked us the same question, one after the other. Then, he gave us a timed math test. It was all basic division/multiplication, and word problems relating to customer interaction.

He said he'd be in contact soon, and I got a call the next day for a follow up interview whereupon he requested I bring my SS card. The next interview was basically him just asking my availability and filling out the job paperwork. He then gave me the tour, and we set up when I'd begin work. The whole process took less than two weeks.

Interview Question – "What do you know about the company? Who's the CEO?"   View Answer

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Hoover, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – This was an overall typical interview. In retrospect, I believe, due to the employee turnover the hiring process is easy. The manager seemed to be so busy that the interview was just an inconvenience.

Department Head/Cashier Interview

Department Head/Cashier
Easley, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2010.

Interview Details – After filling out my Application I spoke with Managment and went back the following day for Interview. Then on the third day went for training. Watched Videos and then did my in-store traning with Jessica

Interview Question – What makes you useful to our company   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy for the most part. Simple questions about work ethic and experience. Be prepared to take a math exam to prove you are qualified and understand how to accurately give discounts

Interview Question – The math test   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Austin, TX

Interview Details – Applications are not available on-line. You must apply on paper at the store you are interested in working in. Questions were standard. When are you available? What retail experience do you have? Why do you want to work here?

Interview Question – The interview included a basic math test - percents, decimals, the type of things necessary when working with money. It's not hard and a calculator is available if wanted.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from Hobby Lobby and they asked me which day and time would be best for me to come interview.

I got there and sat down with the manager at his office.

I took a short math test, since I was applying for cashier position.

There was the standard sorts of questions about "what are your skills and experiences" and "what are your weaknesses" "what do you bring to the team"
The manager was very interested in making sure I'd had experience in retail before, and was able to learn and react to different situations.

Interview Question – "Why should I hire you instead of anyone else who applied"   Answer Question

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!