Hobby Lobby

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lakeland, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – a long and dragged out process. you have to apply first, then you have a phone interview. After that you have to send out an assessment to about 10 people to do a quick survey on you and your experience regarding the position. Then you have to do a test that's similar to a standardized one. Then you do your actual interview which in it self is a process..

Interview Question – They asked if I knew it was a Christian based company which made me feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you should try to get 2 weeks vacation from the start which is easy. and id fight for every dollar because raises are once a year based on evaluation.

Very Easy Interview

Co Manager

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview if you are willing to relocate. I did, to odessa, tx.. Not able to relocate, and the interview would of ended. We walked store, talked about their processes and expectations. Talked about their use of ipads to order. Never talked about how many daily hours you woyld work or how many open to close shifts.

Interview Question – Will you relocate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Boardman, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

Interview Details – Sat down with the manager and started through typical questions. He got a phone call and left the room for about 5 minutes to talk to his employees about something, then resumed a typical interview. Took a percentages math test that he let me retake once he taught me how to do the math (it's been years since math class!)

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I had another interview the next day and was honest about it. He understood and let me get back to him.

Department Head Interview

Department Head

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – The hiring and interviewing process is relatively quick. Store manager tends to wait until the last possible minute then it's a hiring frenzy. Come early. Expect interruptions, smile and say YES to be absolutely flexible.

Interview Question – The only criteria is to be completely available and flexible.   View Answer

Stockman Interview

Stockman

Interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview Details – Spoke with the Store Manager and carried an interview for well over an hour going over history and future desires. Had a fun time talking and really didn't have any major issues come up during the process. We covered the concerns of the business and finished with a math test to qualify me as an applicant.

Interview Question – Was $10.00 an hour enough to continue with the interview.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2013.

Interview Details – Basic Interview Questions from GM, such as why you want to work for them, what were the past jobs and if there was any desire to move up in the company and general math test.

Interview Question – None, basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2010.

Interview Details – Gave resume to store manager and was called for interview within 4 days. I was quite impressed with the interviewing manager. He was easy to talk to and he answered questions I had. The position was explained well. Atmosphere was inviting and pleasant. Responsibilities ended up being more extensive than outlined in interview. Was not informed that here would be many extended shifts which would sometimes be in excess of 12 hours.

Interview Question – Are you a team player?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate???

Very Easy Interview

All Around Store Employee Interview

All Around Store Employee

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2014.

Interview Details – Easy - in person, math test, All the standard questions that you would expect after filling out an application - "Why do you want to work here?", "Do you have transportation?", "Can you work 7AM to 7PM?" "Have you worked in retail before?"

Negotiation Details – None - take it or leave it.

Co Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty much just a phone interview and a face to face interview with a recruiter. While i was in the store for my interview with the recruiter I walked the store with the store manager as well. The delivery from the store manager and how life is was far from the reality once you start working there. I guess that goes along with the politically correct delivery when you are around corporate officials.

Interview Question – Basic situation questions, leadership style, weaknesses, what you need to improve on in your opinion, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I had recently been laid off from a closing retailer, however I since have found out that you can negotiate salary, bonus, AND vacation time. Definitely negotiate vacation time as you do NOT get any for your first year!

Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview Details – The time it took to receive a call back was quite lengthy. I wasn't directly asked about my religion (although they are a very Christian company) but I was indirectly persuaded to share what I was. I felt I would not have been hired if I had said I was anything but Christian. The interview wasn't terribly formal, the conversation was casual. The questions were fairly easy. I felt I was judged more on my personality than anything else.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple. The most difficult one would have to be, "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple, they offered more than I had asked.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!