Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hobby Lobby
- Cashier (41)
- Co-Manager (21)
- Co Manager (8)
- Sales Associate (7)
- Stockman (7)
- Assistant Manager (6)
- Associate (6)
- Department Head (6)
- Department Manager (4)
- SALES CLERK (4)
- Store Manager (4)
- Framer (4)
- Department Head/Cashier (4)
- Certified Custom Framer (3)
- Seasonal Cashier (3)
- Certified Framer (2)
- Part Time Cashier (2)
- Custom Framer (2)
- PT Cashier (2)
- Department Head of Home Accents (1)
- Craft Department Head (1)
- Any Position (1)
- Store Opening (1)
- Scrap Booking Department (1)
- Copy Assistant (1)
- All Around Store Employee (1)
- General Store Employee (1)
- Hobby Lobby Scrapbooking (1)
- Christian Organization??? (1)
- Cashier- Part Time Seasonal (1)
Department Head/Cashier Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Houston, TX).
Very easy and basic interview process and questions with the store manager. Manager was very nice and respectful. Interview was followed with a simple 16 math test questions, like multiplication and percentages, and no specific time to finish the test while doing in the office or in the break room. Standard interview questions Personality based questions Few trick questions You wait while manager grade the test
- available schedule hours. schools schedule. available to work in the evenings and weekends. past experiences (jobs and school). customer service experience questions, difficulties in work, and the way you handled them. Hobby Lobby is a religious company but they never talk about it during the interview, but they say that they don’t open on sundays. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby
Department Head/Cashier InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.
The hiring and interview process was very quick. You have to be proactive and reach out to the manager (ideally in person) if you want the job. The interview was a little tedious for a simple retail job. They asked standard questions about strengths and weaknesses, why you want the job, what you'll bring to the table, etc. There is also an untimed written math test at the end.
- The math test was surprisingly challenging, as it was work I hadn't had to do since I was in high school. It's pretty basic, addition and subtraction (which is easy), but you should refresh your memory on calculating percentages without a calculator. Answer Question
No room for negotiation. They're pretty set on the fact that they'll start you at the base pay and based on your performance you could potentially get a raise after several months.
Department Head/Cashier InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.
just talked to manager told him that i enjoyied many of the crafts that they sell so i would be a.ble to help customers easily. was flexible with my hours so that was a plus. as long as you are friendly and able to talk comfortably with customers you should have no problem passing the interview part.
- there is a math test that can be difficult if you are not used to not using a calculator. there are reg. testing. Answer Question
they will start you at low as poss.
Department Head/Cashier InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Easley, SC) in February 2010.
After filling out my Application I spoke with Managment and went back the following day for Interview. Then on the third day went for training. Watched Videos and then did my in-store traning with Jessica
- What makes you useful to our company 1 Answer