Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2009.

Interviewer said he had many applicants ,immediately berated my experience and said he was eliminating the extra applicants .... the entire four minute process uncomfortable due to his advesarial approach.
    My opinion of the company changed immediately from favorable to very unfavorable- if you treat people poorly before they go to work for you..why would things change after you were hired?

SALES CLERK Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2010.

They said that the summer was the "dead season" for the store, even though they had applications out front with a sign saying they were going to hire. I filled out an application and never heard anything back. Apparently the winter months are the best times to apply for this store.

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2013.

After 3 weeks from returning application in person and hit-n-miss follow-ups with manager, I was called in for interview. Before any consideration for interview, however, I was given a math test in which there were between 15-20 questions. Math test had to be done by hand, no calculator, and within 45 minutes. I was not given an interview because I was not able to complete everything.

Interview Questions
    • I am slow at math and had difficulty with the "how much are these items with these discount %".   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Very long process to go through. It took eight weeks to finally have a face-to-face interview. You go through a phone interview, then they ask for a minimum of seven (7) references. Then, they ask you to do an assessment test (which takes up to two hours to take). After that, then you may have a chance to interview. My interview took three hours.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in April 2010.

Ehh...I don't really have too much to say..just trying to fill in the 50 word minimum. The interview was in depth and had questions and a math test. The math test is difficult if you haven't been in school for a long time. But it is doable. That's all.

Interview Questions
    • Math test was the most difficult. They Had many other questions that I cannot remember. The interview was in depth and I believe I had a background check. I think also a drug test. The interview was a packet of papers, question and answer. Maybe about 30 questions or so. Made me kind of nervous, but it wasn't terrible.   Answer Question
    Don't.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in September 2012.

After initial submission of Resume if your not contacted within 3-5 days you will not be contacted.
    One initial telephone interview then in person one on one - The recruiters I dealt with were Great.
    Drug Test, Back Ground investigation and Credit check.
    All Co-Managers are hired with the same salary, its non -negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • They emphasize Customer Service, systems and processes.
      No Visible tattoos, Dress appropriately.

Answer Question
    All Co-Managers are hired with the same salary, its non -negotiable.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Applications are not available on-line. You must apply on paper at the store you are interested in working in. Questions were standard. When are you available? What retail experience do you have? Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions
    • The interview included a basic math test - percents, decimals, the type of things necessary when working with money. It's not hard and a calculator is available if wanted.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Very easy for the most part. Simple questions about work ethic and experience. Be prepared to take a math exam to prove you are qualified and understand how to accurately give discounts

Department Head/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2010.

After filling out my Application I spoke with Managment and went back the following day for Interview. Then on the third day went for training. Watched Videos and then did my in-store traning with Jessica

Co Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2014.

Pretty much just a phone interview and a face to face interview with a recruiter. While i was in the store for my interview with the recruiter I walked the store with the store manager as well. The delivery from the store manager and how life is was far from the reality once you start working there. I guess that goes along with the politically correct delivery when you are around corporate officials.

Interview Questions
    • Basic situation questions, leadership style, weaknesses, what you need to improve on in your opinion, etc.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I had recently been laid off from a closing retailer, however I since have found out that you can negotiate salary, bonus, AND vacation time. Definitely negotiate vacation time as you do NOT get any for your first year!