Hobby Lobby

2.2

Full Time Office Or Framing Area Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2015.

Very courteous, honest and interested in what my needs and interests were. Interviewer told me how their hiring process worked since I was applying at a new store to be opening soon. He gave me options to consider, told me the wages for part and full time employees and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • What type of position I was interested in and my experience.   Answer Question

Picture Framer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2015.

I arrived, then filled out application, it was one page, classic application with work historey and school histore, after a 1/2 hour wait I had a short interview to talk about my previous experience, talked about hours I could work and then gave me a math test to take without a calculator, which I easily passed. I was hired the next day.

Set Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2014.

It was a very long process - about a month - with 3 different interviews AFTER the initial phone interview. One was a sit down interview, the second was sit down and styling, the third was just styling. What made the styling part of the interview difficult was there was little direction and little to no resources.

Cashiers Interview

Took 2 weeks. Interviewed with manager then offered position a few days later. There were very redundant questions that upper management requires. Overall was quick and easy. It's just retail.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult customer service issue and give exact example   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in November 2014.

It was actually a pretty easy interview! The questions were easy. They're just questions interviewers would ask in interviews like what are your strengths, weakness, achieve above and beyond for a customer, good experience, bad experience, etc. there was a math part of the test and it's fairly easy. I only had trouble with doing 7 1/2 sales tax since I'm not so good with decimals, but the manager let me use a calculator. Overall, you just have to relax and talk a little bit more than you should! I was offered on the spot for seasonal for $10/hr.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate at all. Being offered $10 while working at a store for $8.50 calls in for a win!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Lengthy. They ask a lot of questions about retail background. I was told that I would be working on the floor...after hired, they expected me to be a cashier, which I never agreed to.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a math test...No one even graded mine.   View Answer
    None.

Department Head Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Applied in store. Manager makes you jump through a lot of hoops to get the job. He will tell you to call him on different dates and then not be available to see how dedicated and determined you are about getting a job there. Unless of course you know someone, then it's much easier. It took me 3 months and 5 to 6 tries to get hired

Interview Questions
    • There weren't a lot of questions. Management did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Truck Unload-er/Stocker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2014.

applications are in the form of a fold up pamphlet at the front of the store. you might notice that its more Words to read then places to add info. (mostly if you have an issue done sue us. lets use a mediator to work it out and so on)

I dropped off the application on a Friday and was called back the following week on a Wednesday
    basic interview with the normal questions HOWEVER I was surprised to learn that i had to take a math test. about 20 questions. 4 basic add subtract multiply then around 10 prices subtracting sale percentages (50% off of an item that cost 48.80) then 7 questions adding 7.5% sales tax onto totals (78.82 plus 7.5% sales tax )

i was told at the end of the interview i would know by Thursday ether way, however he called me that same day 6.5 hours later! (8 at night little late some may say) he told me "i don't want to wait until Thursday that we would be interested in hiring you"

i was told hobby lobby runs a min wage of $10 per hour (rumor i hear $15 per hour min for full time) happy with that

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to learn that i had to take a math test.no real warning they would ask for that haha. about 20 questions. 4 basic add subtract multiply then around 10 prices subtracting sale percentages (50% off of an item that cost 48.80) then 7 questions adding 7.5% sales tax onto totals (78.82 plus 7.5% sales tax )   Answer Question

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

walked in and filled out an application, they called for an interview before i made it home and set it up for the following day. pretty standard interview. offered the job during this time. The manager was a bit difficult to talk to which was more his personality, not anything to do with the company. Started monday the following week. Training was pretty rushed and not much direction given. Sink or swim. Had to learn from other employees or just figure things out on my own.

Interview Questions
    • not too difficult. hardest question was when i was asked to give examples of times i demonstrated different qualities they were looking for....just caught me off guard and i had to remember or make up something. other than that pretty easy!   Answer Question
    they called after the interview and i accepted. came to work the beginning of the next week.

Department Head/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

The hiring and interview process was very quick. You have to be proactive and reach out to the manager (ideally in person) if you want the job. The interview was a little tedious for a simple retail job. They asked standard questions about strengths and weaknesses, why you want the job, what you'll bring to the table, etc. There is also an untimed written math test at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The math test was surprisingly challenging, as it was work I hadn't had to do since I was in high school. It's pretty basic, addition and subtraction (which is easy), but you should refresh your memory on calculating percentages without a calculator.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. They're pretty set on the fact that they'll start you at the base pay and based on your performance you could potentially get a raise after several months.