Hobby Lobby Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Christian Organization??? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in September 2012.

Talk about a farce, when you interview, you get the impression that you will be getting all of these great benefits, WRONG, only if you fit their biased generalization of what an employee should be, then you will get one of 15 full time positions in a store.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think that there was not a question that didn't come straight from, "The Interviewers Handbook"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, if you wanted a job you took what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arvada, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

I was given a math test to complete along with a calculator before my interview. After that was completed I was asked how I feel about cleaning the store at the end of the night. As well as simple things like why I left my last job and job experience related questions.

No negotiation was allowed even after trying to make 25 cents more than what was offered.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Detailed interview with recruiter. Typical management questions, background experience questions, a small personality test and a tour of the store

Interview Questions
    • Write down the 4 things that you want to improve the most about yourself. (He just had me write on this random piece of paper)   Answer Question
    No negotiation. But if I felt it necessary the recruiter would have, at least dialogued with me, however I do not know if he would have worked with me. In general the offer was fair and reasonable.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nowhere, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in April 2010.

Ehh...I don't really have too much to say..just trying to fill in the 50 word minimum. The interview was in depth and had questions and a math test. The math test is difficult if you haven't been in school for a long time. But it is doable. That's all.

Interview Questions
    • Math test was the most difficult. They Had many other questions that I cannot remember. The interview was in depth and I believe I had a background check. I think also a drug test. The interview was a packet of papers, question and answer. Maybe about 30 questions or so. Made me kind of nervous, but it wasn't terrible.   Answer Question
    Don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in December 2010.

The interview went smooth. The manager just ask basic questions and gave a brief description about the company.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2010.

Interviewed in-person with the store manager only. First had to pass a very basic written arithmetic test without the use of a calculator. Then it was standard interview questions, and lots of boring background information about the company's history. Took over an hour because the store manager was very chatty.

Interview Questions
    • Although I had no trouble with this, applicants who didn't pass the math test would be immediately dismissed from the interview.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2013.

Hiring process was very basic. There is a simple math test involved. I met the recruiter at the store and was interviewed there. Very thorough interview. The description of the job and the company were very closely matched with reality of the actual job. I thought the salary was very fair given the level of responsibility.

Interview Questions
    I received most of what I negotiated for. The recruiter handled it very professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview was done with a Manager from another store and the assistant manager. Afterwards, you are given a simple 25 question math test that includes subtraction, addition, multiplication, addition, and percentage problems.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any questions to be difficult. All were simple questions and didn't require much thought.   Answer Question

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Naples, FL
    Anonymous Employee in North Naples, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in December 2013.

Their advertisement claimed they were looking for $14.+/hr Department Heads and I interviewed specifically for that position. I was told that should be no problemo with my background. I was offered a "job in frames" which I thought was fishy. Went on my time to store and was told that the Store Manager's son's BF was hired already for the position and that they had 4 framers and two associates trained as framers. The 24yo Frame Department Head last and only job was he was with a moving company as a day laborer. wow

Interview Questions
    • Will you take a math test and can you work a cash register?   View Answer

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'm the moron.

Co-Manager Interview

Very extensive , over three months starting with online app then a number of tele interviews followed by an online assessment test running about two hours then a face to face with recruiter covering over two hrs at which I felt went well but after taking offer I have doubts that my recruiter knows the true reality of what actually is going on in these stores. I was quoted average work week of 55 hrs except holidays but in reality is 65+ and at no time was I told that I would be required to work 7:30am to 10:pm with no chance to grab a meal let alone to use the restroom. Ether my recruiter is naive or bs artist.

Interview Questions
    Pretty straight forward as for salary and bonus