Hobby Lobby

87 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Everyone is required to do a math test and an in person interview no matter the position. You have to do a math test when you first get there and are given a pencil along with a calculator sure you know how to figure out sale prices. Otherwise they were pretty easy standard questions. For instance one was, "How do to feel about doing different cleaning tasks at the end of the night?" "Why do you are qualified for this position and why did you leave your previous job?"

Negotiation Details – Didn't get one.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Phone interview, In person interview with HR, In person interview with specific store management

Interview Question – Interviewer showed a list of characteristics-many of which were Christian based and asked which were the 5 that I displayed the most in my life and the 5 that I least displayed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The wage was preset.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

Interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview Details – Very short--I was only asked 2-3 questions. I knew someone in the company, so that's how I got the interview.

Interview Question – "Would you be interested in moving to another department if there was a need?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Also very short--it honestly extended into my first few days at the job. I had applied for a cash-handling position, but was made a department manager instead.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Usual questions such as describe yourself and Why Hobby Lobby.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied on line. Within a couple of days I received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone screen. The recruiter was very forthcoming with information about Hobby Lobby. He asked why I was interested in working for Hobby Lobby and we also walked through my work history. He shared that during the 4rh quarter, a 6 day work week is to be expected and just wanted to ensure I was fully aware of the expectation. He also asked what my salary requirements were.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected for a phone screen. I didn't continue the hiring process because the salary did not meet my needs. The recruiter was pleasant and stated that if I should ever change my mind, to please contact him.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary did not meet my requirements.

Department Head/Cashier Interview

Department Head/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – just talked to manager told him that i enjoyied many of the crafts that they sell so i would be a.ble to help customers easily. was flexible with my hours so that was a plus. as long as you are friendly and able to talk comfortably with customers you should have no problem passing the interview part.

Interview Question – there is a math test that can be difficult if you are not used to not using a calculator. there are reg. testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they will start you at low as poss.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in December 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out application. Not really an interview. I was over qualified with 20 years customer service and cash handling experience. The manager looked at my credentials and he gave me a math test. After I finished he gave me paper work to fill out for tax purposes, no ,background check which did not matter to me but maybe to others. Watched videos about the store, policy's, safety procedures, and more. About 3 hours total time.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked in retail before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. 9.00 was seasonal rate.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2012.

Interview Details – Got phone call within 8 hours after doing app. on-line,

Interview Question – can you work 6-70 hrs a week   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Anchorage, AK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very thorough. Information about the company culture, process and procedures

Interview Question – What are your biggest opportunities   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Spouse's health reasons, unable to relocate

Sales Clerk Interview

Sales Clerk
Victorville, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2012.

Interview Details – Done at a motel originally

Interview Question – What would you last or current employee say negative or positive about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation offered $13 an hour then later made part time and got only $9 an hour

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hobby Lobby