Hobby Lobby

Very Easy Interview

General Store Employee Interview

General Store Employee
Prescott Valley, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in September 2012.

Interview Details – For my interview I was asked to come in and fill out an application, I talked to the manager for about 30 minutes with the typical interview questions, "Why do you want to work for us, what do you know about the company, what is your availability, etc." And after that I was hired on the spot and asked to come in the next day to work. With the manager who hired me I didn't go through any initial training because we were at a busy period so you kind of have to learn a lot yourself. But everyone is very willing to help.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question, but you do have to take a math test about percentages as part of your interview. If you aren't good at math this can be very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job immediately, they raise your pay each year plus bonuses so there was no negotiation needed. Amazing pay for people just starting out and the best starting minimum wages in town.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Met with the manager and answered a few generic HR questions. We were required to take a very simple math test, in which we could use a calculator. Afterwards we discussed how to memorize the sale ad and discussed pay. I was given a quick tour of the breakroom and shown where to go for the schedule.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – When you apply have to wait for an initial phone interview. If they like you then you go to a second interview with HR. If HR likes you interview with one of the store managers. They also give you an overview of what is required to do. If they like you the call you about a week later with an offer. The whole process takes about a month to month and a half.

Interview Question – What is something that you need to improve on? Why are you leaving you current job? Why Hobby Lobby?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a salary range. They usually stay in that range that is not very wide.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
San Angelo, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2012.

Interview Details – Nice recruiter who embellished the opportunity to work here. My only interview. He was a very nice person and we connected quickly. He was a former store manager and was in charge of recruiting for a large portion of Texas. He is probably streched thin in trying to staff every store and c\onstantly hiring replacement staff.

Interview Question – Nothing comes to mind. Pretty typical question and answer session   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a flat starting rate and bonus for incoming co-managers. No negotiation, but better than average starting pay for a co or assistant manager. Turns out the job isn't worth any kind of money. Trust Me!!

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Everyone is required to do a math test and an in person interview no matter the position. You have to do a math test when you first get there and are given a pencil along with a calculator sure you know how to figure out sale prices. Otherwise they were pretty easy standard questions. For instance one was, "How do to feel about doing different cleaning tasks at the end of the night?" "Why do you are qualified for this position and why did you leave your previous job?"

Negotiation Details – Didn't get one.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Phone interview, In person interview with HR, In person interview with specific store management

Interview Question – Interviewer showed a list of characteristics-many of which were Christian based and asked which were the 5 that I displayed the most in my life and the 5 that I least displayed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The wage was preset.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

Interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview Details – Very short--I was only asked 2-3 questions. I knew someone in the company, so that's how I got the interview.

Interview Question – "Would you be interested in moving to another department if there was a need?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Also very short--it honestly extended into my first few days at the job. I had applied for a cash-handling position, but was made a department manager instead.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – Usual questions such as describe yourself and Why Hobby Lobby.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied on line. Within a couple of days I received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone screen. The recruiter was very forthcoming with information about Hobby Lobby. He asked why I was interested in working for Hobby Lobby and we also walked through my work history. He shared that during the 4rh quarter, a 6 day work week is to be expected and just wanted to ensure I was fully aware of the expectation. He also asked what my salary requirements were.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected for a phone screen. I didn't continue the hiring process because the salary did not meet my needs. The recruiter was pleasant and stated that if I should ever change my mind, to please contact him.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary did not meet my requirements.

Department Head/Cashier Interview

Department Head/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details – just talked to manager told him that i enjoyied many of the crafts that they sell so i would be a.ble to help customers easily. was flexible with my hours so that was a plus. as long as you are friendly and able to talk comfortably with customers you should have no problem passing the interview part.

Interview Question – there is a math test that can be difficult if you are not used to not using a calculator. there are reg. testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they will start you at low as poss.