Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Hoover, AL).

Interview

This was an overall typical interview. In retrospect, I believe, due to the employee turnover the hiring process is easy. The manager seemed to be so busy that the interview was just an inconvenience.

Stockman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Mesa, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Extremely relaxed and informal. Minimal questions and went straight from those questions to filling out the paperwork. They were desperate to hire and I was working the next day. I imagine it will be the same for future hires as well. We have a high turnaround rate so when there's interviews to be done- we need someone as quick as possible.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Department Head of Home Accents Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neptune, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Neptune, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Not so much an interview process as much as a bunch of silly tests. They will hire 60 people to open a store and keep less than half of the original employees. Of that, only 5 or 6 people will get the full time position which pays 15 Part time gets 10.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applications are not available on-line. You must apply on paper at the store you are interested in working in. Questions were standard. When are you available? What retail experience do you have? Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

• The interview included a basic math test - percents, decimals, the type of things necessary when working with money. It's not hard and a calculator is available if wanted.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I got a phone call from Hobby Lobby and they asked me which day and time would be best for me to come interview. I got there and sat down with the manager at his office. I took a short math test, since I was applying for cashier position. There was the standard sorts of questions about "what are your skills and experiences" and "what are your weaknesses" "what do you bring to the team" The manager was very interested in making sure I'd had experience in retail before, and was able to learn and react to different situations.

Interview Questions

• "Why should I hire you instead of anyone else who applied"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Arvada, CO).

Interview

I was given a math test to complete along with a calculator before my interview. After that was completed I was asked how I feel about cleaning the store at the end of the night. As well as simple things like why I left my last job and job experience related questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed even after trying to make 25 cents more than what was offered.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Queensbury, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

it was done at a hotel the only thing they did at first was this application which had a math skills test in it if you passed that and could work the days they needed you to work then you stayed for an interview in the interview you met with the new stores manager and she asked some questions offered the job and took it

Interview Questions

• can you work these hours on these days   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Detailed interview with recruiter. Typical management questions, background experience questions, a small personality test and a tour of the store

Interview Questions

• Write down the 4 things that you want to improve the most about yourself. (He just had me write on this random piece of paper)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. But if I felt it necessary the recruiter would have, at least dialogued with me, however I do not know if he would have worked with me. In general the offer was fair and reasonable.

Co-Manager Interview

Interview

Very extensive , over three months starting with online app then a number of tele interviews followed by an online assessment test running about two hours then a face to face with recruiter covering over two hrs at which I felt went well but after taking offer I have doubts that my recruiter knows the true reality of what actually is going on in these stores. I was quoted average work week of 55 hrs except holidays but in reality is 65+ and at no time was I told that I would be required to work 7:30am to 10:pm with no chance to grab a meal let alone to use the restroom. Ether my recruiter is naive or bs artist.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward as for salary and bonus

All Around Store Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2014.

Interview

Easy - in person, math test, All the standard questions that you would expect after filling out an application - "Why do you want to work here?", "Do you have transportation?", "Can you work 7AM to 7PM?" "Have you worked in retail before?"

Negotiation

None - take it or leave it.