Hobby Lobby

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

PT Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in September 2013.

HL still uses paper applications, that are usually displayed at the front of the store. There is no personality test, just sections for information, work history, education, and references. Also on the app is a very lengthy Mutual Arbitration Agreement, expectations of employment, and an authorization "umbrella" for the arbitration, at will employment, drug tests, and background check.When I filled out an application, I also included my resume, and a cover letter. I was called about scheduling an interview within 24 hours of returning it to the store. The interview lasted almost an hour. We talked about the history of HL, and what their plans are for the future. We also talked about my work history. There is a Math test of about 20 questions. It's mostly about finding the sale price of an item that is a percentage off. The last few questions had to do with finding the correct price with added sales tax. I felt at ease with the manager I was interviewing with, so the interview wasn't as intimidating as I thought it might be. I was called by the end of the day, and was told that I was hired.

Interview Questions
I didn't negotiate. I felt that the wage was appropriate for a PT Cashier, starting with HL.