Hobby Lobby Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Awkward for a retail job. More emphasis placed on skills for a cashier sales clerk position. It felt fake. Even though Hobby Lobby is considered christian it was never mentioned.

Interview Questions

• Math test when you never do math. Questioned about why you want to work there. In this economy I just want a job until I can he back to a career.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They gave me a math test. After that was completed I sat n spoke to the store manager. We spoke about my talents and skills. Then afterwards I was given the chance to ask any questions that I might've had.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Lengthy. They ask a lot of questions about retail background. I was told that I would be working on the floor...after hired, they expected me to be a cashier, which I never agreed to.

Interview Questions

• They give you a math test...No one even graded mine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Grand Forks, ND) in September 2013.

Interview

I went in when the store was still being set up. I was first asked to fill up the application form, and was given a basic math test. Once that was done, I was interviewed right there. The manager asked me about myself, my previous employment experience, and explained to me the job, and the pay. He asked me if that was something I was going to be interested in, and when I said yes, he asked me some questions that were in a packet, and wrote my answers down. He hired me right away. They usually hire people right away, but if they are hiring multiple people and interviewing a few people, they will tell you that they will call you in a couple of days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Roseville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

They asked what experience we had, what our strengths and weaknesses are, why we should be hired, etc, we interviewed in a big room around a table one on one, we spoke with the assistant manager and manager. It was a very easy non stressful interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2009.

Interview

Went to a hotel and filled out an application. Was asked basic questions about myself and then hired.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had a disagreement with a superior at work.   2 Answers

Negotiation