Hobby Lobby

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Victorville, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2012.

Interview Details – Done at a motel originally

Interview Question – What would you last or current employee say negative or positive about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation offered $13 an hour then later made part time and got only $9 an hour

Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2012.

Interview Details – The Pensacola, FL store is always posting for new hires and they do offer a pretty competitive and desirable starting rate! So I applied, and asked to speak to whomever was in charge briefly, which I did.

The store manager spoke to me briefly in a way that was a bit condescending and smacked of "You have a brain??? I don't really care, I just want drones." All the while staring at my stomach. I was 5 months pregnant at the time.

Upon further inspection of the employees themselves, I noticed that none of them smiled, made eye contact, or built rapport with customers. This usually means one thing. They are being treated like dirt.

Very Easy Interview

SALES CLERK

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2012.

Interview Details – New store opening. The interview took place outside where the new store was to open. They asked if I was creative and which department I wanted to work in. They hired as temporary. Very easy interview.

Negotiation Details – I enjoy it there. I work part time and get along with my fellow co-workers and the managers.

Very Difficult Interview

SALES CLERK

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2010.

Interview Details – They said that the summer was the "dead season" for the store, even though they had applications out front with a sign saying they were going to hire. I filled out an application and never heard anything back. Apparently the winter months are the best times to apply for this store.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!