Hoffmann-La Roche

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche.

Interview Details – very well organized and met a lot of knowlegeable people and they asked very good questions, it was a two round interview and each one was a great experience. i chose the company because of this

Interview Question – what is your expecation of the salary   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Principal Scientist
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche.

Interview Details – The initial communication and planning process went smoothly. There was a phone interview followed by a one-day of onsite interviews. One interview was with a group including junior staff. There were one-on-one interviews with the hiring manger, potential colleagues, and also senior leadership.

Interview Question – What compensation do you require?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As it turned out, the HR person accepted my terms without the authority to do so! This was resolved with a signing bonus and a lower salary. After all, the total compensation package was what I was looking for.

Senior Associate Interview

Nutley, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche.

Interview Details – started with phone interview followed by day-long on-site interview with presentation

Interview Question – scientific questions during presentation can be challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation needed for my case as i was happy with the offer and benefits package

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Nutley, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche.

Interview Details – The interview process went smoothly and it was a warm and friendly atmosphere. My initial interview was three hours long and I was able to meet with my immediate supervisors and some of the administrative staff. I was contacted within about two weeks with a job offer, and I have been happily working at Roche for over twenty-two years. Roche is closing the Nutley site by end of 2013.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked for a difficult manager, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It went smoothly and I was very excited to become part of the Roche family.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Nutley, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche in February 2009.

Interview Details – good people, nice office, and good work culture

Internship Interview

Basel (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche in June 2013.

Interview Details – Coffee with the people involved to discuss the opportunity, ahead of a one hour phone interview addressing my education / pervious experience & motivation for the internship. Vary brief and unstructured, but comfortable and professional.

Interview Question – Do you think you are overqualified? - I was not expecting this one, but played off the benefits of being is a world class company & the learning opportunities available   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - flat salary offer, no additional benefits or bonuses.

Solution Lifecycle Manager Interview

Interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche

Interview Details – It was taken 4 times for meet HR and department's manager. Also they have sort of questionmare for analys your character.

IT Security Specialist Interview

Basel (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche in December 2013.

Interview Details – - Identified and initially contacted by talent scout
- Telephone interview with hiring manager
- Invited to company headquarters in Basel for day-long/multiple interviews
- Interviewed with HR rep and hiring manager
- Interviewed with members of the team

Interview Question – What do you think about the SANS 20 Critical Controls?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Painless. I was offered a package that made me feel appreciated, so why would I want to try to gouge out more? The salary and other aspects of the compensation were ridiculously fair.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Sales Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche.

Interview Details – Very Simple.2 to 3 rounds of Interview...flexible in timing.

Interview Question – Not as such...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Better to negotiate at the time of Interview...be confident.

Intern In Finance Interview

Basel (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hoffmann-La Roche in September 2012.

Interview Details – Since it was interview for internship position it was pretty easygoing. People there are very objective and friendly with a good sense of humor. No stress.

Interview Question – Nothing special. Asking about you personality, about you experience (school/work). They are looking rather at your answers, the manner your are answering (confident or not), how adequate you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1-2 weeks. Just some administrative stuff.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hoffmann-La Roche

Worked for Hoffmann-La Roche? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hoffmann-La Roche interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hoffmann-La Roche employees and interview candidates.