Hogan Lovells

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.4

Conflicts Analyst Assistant Interview

I fiorst applied through LinkedIn months ago, then got an email a few weeks ago requesting I fill out a full application. Filled out application and received a call the following week to go over my salary history and schedule a skills test (typing, grammar, etc.) and an interview. The skills test was a piece of cake. I first met with an HR professional for a standard interview. After that I met with three managers and their supervisor for about an hour and a half for a group interview. The next week there were call backs and clarification questions.

Senior Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hogan Lovells.

The interview process is exhausting - had to come in 3 different times and meet with basically all of HL. The whole thing took over 30 days and I gave up on another job while waiting around for HL to come through. Should have gone with the other job.

Interview Questions
    They low-balled me on the salary

Attorney Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hogan Lovells.

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of days later to come in to do some testing. After I finished the recruiter ask to speak with me and gave me my first in-person interview. The next day I received a call to come in that Friday for another interview. They asked questions like my strengths, weakness, tell me about yourself, why should I hire you. After the second interview they told me that they wanted to bring me in for another interview with the lawyer who has the last decision. It took two weeks for that interview because he was on vacation. Two days later I received a call from the recruiter telling me I got the job. Everyone was very friendly, I wasn't nervous at all. They even offered to do practice interviews to prepare me for my last interview. I had a great experience and loved the atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    Lay out your options. Don't give up

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hogan Lovells.

Very good communication up front. They contacted me rather quickly after applying online via the Hogan website. The process seemed disjointed after that. There seemed to be too many cooks in the kitchen for a job I was easily qualified for. I felt like they didn't think I could do the job when it was about 1/10 of the job I was presently doing. There were too many emails, phone calls and all of which resulted in offer which was then rejected after speaking with the incorrect boss at my current job. Put me in a really bad spot at my current employer. Very disappointed with the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Asking the usual "What is your worst attribute" question.   View Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Smooth interview and testing process. Made it through telephone interview, HR interview and testing, and HR Mgmt interview. I was told I was very qualified for the position, however I was not called back. No, thank you for interviewing but we have decided to go w/ another candidate. Nothing. Only draw back for me.

Client Maintanece Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hogan Lovells.

Initial phone interview with HR. Then called in for a in person interview and skills test with HR. Afterwards an interview with direct supervisors. Interview process went well, however i never recieved any written or verbal communication that I didn't get the job. HR called me about every little thing, throughout the entire process but didn't have the courteously to just inform me that they were not going to move on with me. That gave me a bad taste about this firm.

Vacation Scheme (Winter) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hogan Lovells in November 2014.

Prior to this I completed an application form and online critical thinking test. This was a telephone interview. I thought it went very smoothly and was pretty easy - just come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of competency and motivational questions. Commercial awareness question was to talk about the significance of what was happening in the Ukraine on Hogan Lovells   Answer Question
    Good.

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hogan Lovells in November 2014.

very comprehensive online application
    -How have you made your decision for future career and why commercial law
    -why Hogan lovells
    -which area of law do you want to practice and why
    -tell me about a time where you showed initiative without much supervision

Interview Questions
    • -tell me a UK company that has had adverse reports recently   Answer Question

Winter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hogan Lovells in August 2014.

I applied online for a winter intenrship position at Hogan Lovells Hong Kong. Got reply the next day and a telephone interview was arranged very shortly. The interview was tricky, probably the most difficult telephone interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to a layman the difference between contract law and tort law; Some current affair questions   View Answer

Accounting Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hogan Lovells in March 2010.

Applied online and recived a call about a week later. Went through two rounds of interviews. Hr department first, then hiring manager and finally the Director.