Holcim Canada Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holcim Canada

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holcim Canada in January 2015.

There was an initial phone screening, followed by an in-person interview with a panel. The atmosphere is corporate/relaxed.

The interview was extremely unprofessional - the interviewers did not even know each other's names (and referred to each other by different names), and did not prepare for the interview at all (the interviewer went as far as to say to me that they will "wing it"), and scheduled another meeting and left half-way through the interview. I found this to be disrespectful and rude, and a very bad reflection on the company. I have conducted allot of interviews myself, and understand that every candidate has different personality traits - the interviewer was of the opinion that all candidates are "sales people", and so could not effectively detect potential.

Overall, the most unprofessional interview I have ever attended, and I will not be considering working for the company - despite being unemployed, and despite their lucrative compensation and benefits.

BA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Holcim Canada.

I got one interview with the department manager.

The lady who informed me interview appointment is good, she send me an email with clear date, time, address and whom to ask for.

But not that good on interview.
    I arrived on time, but the interviewer didn't show until 1 hour later. During my waiting, the receptionist called him to ask if he's waiting for sb., he said no, then the lady told him that I was waiting. After that, I still waited about 20 minutes to see him. And he said he didn't know I was coming for interview, he asked which position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • He told the problems they're facing with their reporting system and asked for advice.
      I gave him three possible solutions, he asked more. I told him I need time to think about it, and need to be familiar with the data before I could find other solutions.
      On my way back, I thought of another solution that I think should be the best and I double checked when I arrived home, then I sent him an email to tell him. Received no response, even no Thank you.

Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Holcim Canada in January 2012.

These people are the most unprofessional bunch of people i have ever met. I was called for an interview in toronto, which I do not live in. They didnt even do a preliminary phone interview. Then as soon as I walked in HR lady was like we are going to go internal for this position before I even said anything. She cut me off every single time I tried to answer her questions and my answers were not long. Never got an email or a phone call and didnt even say thank you for coming. From the people I talked to they told me I was not the only one this happened to.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holcim Canada in November 2011.

This interview was one of the oddest experiences I’ve encountered in an interview setting. I was not greeted with a smile - only a very awkward walk to the interview room followed with a disagreement regarding the room between the interviewer and what I assume to be an employee.

The two ladies who interviewed me seemed to blatantly dislike each other and sat on opposing ends of the boardroom table which forced me to physically turn my chair to address each one.

While I was speaking, one of them rolled their eyes as though my presence was a nuisance and mumbled under her breath.

At the moment, I could not really tell what I was doing to create such a reaction. I had made sure to dress in a business suit and prepare myself for the usual interview questions as well as study the company background on their website.

I did my best to stay upbeat despite the atmosphere. It was only when they addressed each other very dryly that I realized this may be an internal ordeal rather than something that I had done.

During the short interview, I was called by a different name twice and it was very disorganized. While I answered the questions asked, I was cut off mid-sentence on a regular basis.

Overall, it was a fairly unpleasant experience. I’m sure this is not a usual occurrence and it was my bad luck to have an interview on a bad day.

I think that the ideal person for this position would be someone who is charming, organized and has a fairly serious personality. The office was nice and judging by what I have read on the website, it is a great company.