Holiday Inn Express Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Berkeley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty brief, and the manager asked a lot of the typical questions. over all it was pretty straight forward and the staff were very polite, They didnt actually have an interview room but it was held in breakfast area and had to fill out application day of interview.

Interview Questions

• How much hotel experience do you have?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Inn Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Meadville, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview a week or two after I submitted my application in person. I came in and interviewed with the GM, Office Manager, and Food and Beverage manager. I then was called in for a second interview with only the GM and Office Manager, I was called then about a week later confirming I received the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rumors or "drama"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Interview

One face to face interview then a phone call saying you got the job

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express.

Interview

Interviewed in person. Situational interview i.e., Name a time when a guest was angry with you and you showed great customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is revpar, and how do you calculate revpar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Lodi, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a day after submitting my application in person. I was offereded to meet with the front desk manager in person for a face to face interview. They questioned me on my previous Hotel Experience. I was asked which POS system i was familiar with, and my availability. The interview was very calm , They didnt try to make me nervous, or use trick questions or anything. it was a very straight forward Q&A interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Initial application..interview with situational questions geing asked..background check

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irrate customer and despite your efforts they were still disatisfied   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Allen Park, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Walked in and applied. Hired on the spot. That should have raised a big red flag!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a guest that is causing lots of noise.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, OK

Application

I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Shawnee, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

Went in and got an application and filled it out and turned it in to the front desk. I got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. She did not ask any difficult questions and I got the job right away, she just asked which hours I could work.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludington, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Ludington, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Very basic questions. A lot of questions about the surrounding cities and tourist information.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what No Walking is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate with my years of experience and Bachelor's degree in Hospitality and Tourism management, however, they held firm at $7.50 which is just above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Abilene, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview with the Front Desk Manager and then with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a drunk guest at the front desk flirty with a co-worker that won't go to his room?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offered was $2.00 per hour less than desired. Explained that I was looking for $4.00 more per hour and with my experience and skills I felt that it was reasonable. After some more talking we settled at what I originally wanted.