Holiday Retirement

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fresno, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – I applied on-line. You will then get a call. If you are a candidate the company will call you right away. If you don't get a call you may want to reapply in a month. You have 2 phone interviews then you will get a call from a Regional for a 1on1. If the Regional thinks you are a fit she will have you finish the paperwork then a contract will get signed. Then you will be going to training for a few weeks. It will be mostly on sales. They do pay your moving expenses after you have turned in you receipts. Then you will be at training community for two more weeks. You will then be with another set of Main managers. If you are unhappy with the match the company does try to re-locate you to a different community. It takes about a good year and a half to get real comfortable with the job. It you can weather the first year you will be accustomed to the way the company works. If you love people this can be very rewarding. If you only need a job, do the company and yourself a favor and don't even apply. This is not for the weary.

Interview Question – You will be asked if you can work with your partner?. It takes a while to get on board but you will get a job. There is a high turn over and they are always in need of managers. The central California Region has a great regional Manager Javiera Garcia. She works very hard to take care of her managers and to solve any issues that arise. This kind of work is not for everyone. I almost left a few times but hunkered down an made the best of it. Now I would not leave unless I really needed to. There is always room for improvement in any company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either you accept or not.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – 4 days of emails, then quick phone interview. Flew to Dallas for 45 minutes face to face. Told we could stay in our area. After home, we were offered to go three states away.

Interview Question – Can you work with your spouse 36 hours straight? Have you looked at Glassdoor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only where we would go and then we were sent somewhere else anyway.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Begin with recruiter at the home office for a phone interview. Meet with a recruiter in person. Phone interview with a regional director. Offer from recruiter (or not)

Interview Question – There weren't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't much of one

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2010.

Interview Details – TYPICAL OF A RECRUITER WHO .. HAS NEVER DONE THE JOB

Negotiation Details – No negotiation .. just an offer for employment.... no input as to What area you choose.

Palatine, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had the phone interview. Which went well. Were told to go to the nearest community to get a feel for it. Recruiter emailed next day, she was very rude and unprofessional.
After explaining, flew us to Chicago for face to face interview. She had openin, since we were the only couple that could start within 2 weeks. Were told she would email the regional manager Thursday to call us Friday. That was a week ago. Received another rude email.
That lady was very unprofessional.

Interview Question – None. All she did was talk about herself.   View Answer

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed over phone for 3 minutes. Was flown in to So. Carolina for interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. The company treats you right up front, they spend a lot of money flying you from place to place and on training you but once that's over, they forget that you are a person with "human" needs.

Co-Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – In a nutshell, we applied for this position after seeing it on indeed.com. We were eventually contacted by the headhunter, and set up a phone interview with her for my wife and I at the same time. After that, we eventually heard from a Holiday recruiter, who arranged for us to come to one of their properties a few hours away from us for an interview (they were interviewing a lot of couples that day). As I remember, we applied in mid November, got the job in late January, attended training in February, and started the actual job in March.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions to us at all. The recruiter was a nice lady, but most of what she said had to do with the history of their company, their philosophy, and how they were 'the best'. It almost came across as 'bragging'. As for any other 'questions'----they were ones that came from my wife and I. Eventually, she brought in a Regional Director to meet us and the four of us all talked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We did ask for a relo allowance, and were approved for $1500.

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2012.

Interview Details – Great interview and hiring process and expensive training provided for 2 weeks, hotel, food, rental car, the works.

Interview Question – We thought they wanted kind, compassionate and honest people. We were wrong. The ones who are the opposite seem to thrive there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotional, at will, take if or leave it.

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people over the phone. Met the recruiter at a holiday location,he was very unprofessional,but nice. Once hired you go to a training community, that was to worse experience ever! Then they fly you to another location for 2 weeks for sales training. The best 2 weeks of the job ever. Then they give you 1 week to fly or drive home and be I your community.

Negotiation Details – The is no negotiating, I do not recommend this job or support this company

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – send in resume... wait 3 months, get a call... email... set up a iview via phone. Wait a month... give up! Get a call... fly you to a community fo face to face... oh... not much warning! Wait a week... wait another week... get an email saying "congrats" we want to send you to a 2 week Sales Training, 1500 miles away... you have a week! Go to training... 14 hour days for 2 weeks! Congrats! Your community is! 1.5 weeks to relocate!
Your apartment as co manager is 700 approx sqr ft! But everything is paid for, to include meals. Tough to live in such a limited space if you have 1 kid... more than one?? good luck!

Interview Question – Basically, no real difficult questions, they try and negative sell you on the job... literally urging you to not take it! Ok technique if you iviewer is comprehensive in their descriptions... ours was, as was the RD.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation... once selected you are fast tracked in... it is the waiting prior that makes you think nothing is going to happen!

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!