Holiday Retirement Community Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The recruiter ask you a couple questions about your background and tells you about the position over the phone. I was then scheduled for a face to face and spoke with the managers about the community. Offered the position with a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was "Are you aware we have bad reviews on Glassdoors?" I never heard a recruiter start off making a statement like that   Answer Question

After all the bad reviews I declined

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

We first applied for the position online and were contacted by recruiter via email within 2 days. She set up a phone interview with both my partner and I. The main portion of the interview consisted of her explaining the company and the role to us. There were few questions in regards to our employment history. She then scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with the regional recruiter that took place 3 days later in a city a few hours from our home. The interview took place at one of the communities. The community was beautiful and the residents seemed to be very happy. The regional recruiter was very professional and asked us standard questions in regards to our work history, skill levels, and ability for my partner and I to work together 24hrs/day. After he left the building we sat with the Senior Manager of that community and learned more information about the company and the job. The job sounded very fulfilling, salary plus bonus and paid living expenses seem to be substantial.

The recruiter told us to expect a call from the RD within the next 2 days. After 2 days of waiting and no word from the RD we contacted the recruiter to find out that the RD was out of the office that particular week but we were assured that we would hear from him the following week.

Still waiting....

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic. If you've had any success in management and sales you will have no problem.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online and included resume. First interview was over the phone, then an "in person" interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. Met at a community just a few hours from home. Interviewed in one of the apartments at a kitchen table. Interviewer was great, very professional. Longer than most interviews. Was then offered a 3rd interview in Atlanta (I think) with the Regional or Area Manager.

Interview Questions

Money. They have a "standard" amount they pay incoming managers. It would have resulted in a 50% pay cut for me. I couldn't believe how little they pay. Yes, you can get bonuses, but not enough to repay the lost income. The company offers you free room and board and 3 meals a day in the dining room, but for me it still wasn't enough money. It also did not seem "family friendly". We have to live on site and we have children, which I was fine with, but they were not. All four of us couldn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment. I think this is how they get around hiring people with children.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Pretty much if their are two of you and you have a pulse you will get hired. At least until the run a background check after sending you to training and it turns up you have a felony record. Ops shoul have run it prior to hiring don't you think!

Interview Questions

• Do you help assist in emergencied   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have a pulse you are hired.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

We applied online and got a request for interview next morning. Interview was set up 4 days later. We were immediately hired.

Negotiation

They made as though there was no negotiating but there is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Riverside, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

They fly you out to meet a recruiter, who asks if you can deal with sad situation with seniors. Once they tell you about the company they ask you if you are ok with starting a job and going to a training class with no idea where you will be working when your training class is over,.

Interview Questions

• Can you start in one week but we will not tell you where you will be working,.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

They are so desperate you don't have to answer hardly ant questions at all. If your resume matches a place close you have the job. Questions are " are you breathing because age is not an issue".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would not even bother

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Emails were sent back and forth between the recruiter and I. I was then asked to prepare a statement before phone interview. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and was told that it went well. I then got an email stating that we had been pushed forward to the face to face interview and that I would have details by Friday. Then of Friday night I received an email stating that the region was full and that they weren’t reviewing and new applications. Which I don’t understand because my application had already been reviewed

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions were the ones I was ask to answer for the recruiter. They were unclear, misspelled; she used bad grammar, and no punctuation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The whole interview process seemed to be conducted by someone with "issues"...either they hated ther job or were drunk. We were called for a phone interview and they apparently forgot about it so we were then told to drive to a larger city nearby to meet with the RD. That went well and we were hired and told to drive to a city 1200 miles away for training. We were told we would be compensated for all expenses, within reason, of the training and the future moving our stuff to our future property. When all was said and done and we got to ur new property we were told that they compensate us only $1000.00. So we had to eat around $1700.00 right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel 1200 miles in your vehicle for training, drive back in 2 months, and then drive and move your stuff to your new property, even though we have 4 properties within 100 miles of here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One-sided

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Louisville, KY) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process is fairly quick. Online interview, phone interview, face to face interview and then training all in three weeks. Holiday will spend lots of money on you for transportation, lodging, rental car, and food. The training does not tell you a true picture of what to expect when at community.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work with seniors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They will be hiring for a specific location an all the pay is predetermined. They will not tell you where you will be working so after training you may have to move and they give you one week to pack and move into the community.