Holiday Retirement

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone with a regional director, district and higher management, which are no longer with the company. Went to the community, met with the managers and co-managers, who also are no longer with the company. Within three years there were two sets of managers and five sets of co's.

Interview Question – After 22 years experience no questions were hard. My love and passion for seniors allowed me to answer any and all questions with ease. The actual individuals that interview me had no idea what questions to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, I was worth more but knew I would make up the difference in bonus. I went from a base salary of $72,000 to $35,000 with Holiday.

Community Sales Leader

I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2013.

Interview Details – First an interview on Skype with Corporate Recruiter which was great. He was a good interviewer and sent me to an interview with the Regional Manager. That interview was very short and he hardly asked any questions. I didn't get an offer and was initially disappointed but the turnover is very high in my area and across the country. Plus, some people I respect have very negative things to say about this organization so maybe it is best I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – No questions. I basically kept the interview going.   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – The process was initiated by a recruiter. After passing the recruiting "sniff test", I was interviewed by the RSL (Regional Sales Leader). It was his enthusiam that prompted me to move to the next step - an interview with his boss, the RD (Regional Director). That was where a red flag waved but I chose to ignore it. The interview with the RD took less than 3 minutes - literally! (Strike 1). I read the reviews on Glassdoor and chose to ignore those - it couldn't be that bad, could it? (Strike 2). I spoke with a friend whose relative is a resident but did not heed negative input. (Strike 3). I accepted the position. What a mistake!

Interview Question – How do you react to pressure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is the offer - no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Amarillo, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts you by phone & interviews you, then another person interviews you by phone, then your soon to be Regional Director interviews you on SKYPE...., then you are e-mailed by another person for background, witch took 9 days...., then when you accept the offer, 2 more people contact you from the HR department to plan travel, and training, etc....

Interview Question – The questions are elementary. Why would you want to work here? etc....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Starting off great, but went downhill fast! I spoke to a total of 6 people throughout the entire process of getting hired. GIS is their background investigator. They made a mistake on my background for something that the courts waived. All in all, I decided to go to the County Clerks office to get a certified document saying that the charge was waived. Cost $15. And after 3 days was cleared for employment. The people are friendly, but took 30 days to go through the entire process. I initially accepted the job, but got fed up with all the hoo ha and ridiculous amount of people I had to talk to in order to take the job.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2013.

Interview Details – Being in corporate America for several years now, this is by far the Best interview process ever. Was contacted by a corporate recruiter who is very professional and knowledgeable about everything! the position, the compnay, etc. Interviewed on the phone then he set up a face to face interview the next day in one of the communities with the Regional sales leader.
I was very well welcomed by the community Manager on site then my interview with the Regional was Amazing. Every point was explained like differences and what sets them apart from other retirement corporations. she was honest and brilliant in explianing their training process. I was VERY IMPRESSED at the professionalism, passion and the enthuthiasm.

Interview Question – After being in operations for such a long time, what challenges do you foresee having, and how will you tackle that challenge if any in this position of being a sales leader or sales manager so to speak?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was great room for negotiation. what I was very thrilled about is the respect in which it was handled. After my very successful interview I knew in my heart this is where I wanted to be. So when the corporate recruiter called me the following day, I was excited; however, I declined the offer because the offered amount was not appealing to me, plus I had another offer on the table from another company (But my heart was with Holiday). They were very respectful and explained they would have to get approval from more managers higher in the rank who can approve going off the "budgeted salary'' Every day however they were in contact with me updating me every step of the way. Then finally after three days or so I received a call with a different and better offer. It was not exactly what I had wanted but very close and they fought for me and met me in the middle. I could not ask for more, I am so far very impressed with the entire recruiting process. Organized, approprately paced, True ambassadors for the company, Truthful, Knowledgeable and willing to fight for the candidates they want....thats what I experienced.

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2013.

Interview Details – 35,000 basis salary plus comm.
You work Tues - Sat. 10 hours a day. You are expected to increase census. If you have a move out then of course you and to add that move out to your expected move in quoto. I was interviewed by phone first then in person.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was not hard at all....what motivates me? I said I wanted to the best...top dog. Which I knew that is what they wanted to hear...they are all about numbers at this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave me an offer letter.

Joliet, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then skype interview, then will fly you to TX for an interview.

Interview Question – Phone interview question: What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter from my online resume. I was flown to Atlanta for initial interview which took about an hour. Interviewer was nice enough and only asked a few questions, she spent the whole interview typing in my answers into her computer. All seemed to go well she said she was sending me to the next step in the interview and gave me the name of the regional director who would be contacting me within a few days. Three days later I received a canned email that they had gone with another candidate.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Question – Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   View Answers (2)

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview Details – A lot of structure yet I asked the same question (What is the occupancy of the facility?) to 3 different people during the interviewing process and no one knew the answer.

Interview Question – How would I close the sale? I didn't know enough about the sales protocol to answer that question.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Retirement

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!

Holiday Retirement Videos

Holiday Retirement – Why Work for Us?

​​A pioneer then, a leader now​​ When we founded Holiday Retirement in 1971, we set out to create an independent retirement lifestyle unlike anything seniors had ever experienced before -- cheerful communities filled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holiday Retirement Community Sales Leader interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Holiday Retirement employees and interview candidates.