Holiday Retirement Community Sales Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.2

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

Expect to tour the community or ask for a tour! Be engaging and friendly. The way you cary yourself and treat residents is considered as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be open and flexible.

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

The hiring/interview process is simple, if you are comfortable with a boiler room mentality then you will do great. That is what they are looking for. Be prepared to role-play, be confident, dress professionally. The hiring process takes about a week; this is mostly because of the background check.

Interview Questions

• There were no truly difficult or unexpected questions, it is a very straight forward interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is nonexistent.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

The process was initiated by a recruiter. After passing the recruiting "sniff test", I was interviewed by the RSL (Regional Sales Leader). It was his enthusiam that prompted me to move to the next step - an interview with his boss, the RD (Regional Director). That was where a red flag waved but I chose to ignore it. The interview with the RD took less than 3 minutes - literally! (Strike 1). I read the reviews on Glassdoor and chose to ignore those - it couldn't be that bad, could it? (Strike 2). I spoke with a friend whose relative is a resident but did not heed negative input. (Strike 3). I accepted the position. What a mistake!

Interview Questions

• How do you react to pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the offer - no negotiations.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2013.

Interview

First an interview on Skype with Corporate Recruiter which was great. He was a good interviewer and sent me to an interview with the Regional Manager. That interview was very short and he hardly asked any questions. I didn't get an offer and was initially disappointed but the turnover is very high in my area and across the country. Plus, some people I respect have very negative things to say about this organization so maybe it is best I didn't get an offer.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2013.

Interview

Got a call first from regional recruiter. They were very helpful and offered several regions to me as choices. Once I chose a region, then came the in person interview with regional manager. The company was very good about making that process happen easily for me. After that I received a written offer and just completed the necessary paperwork and background checks. Unfortunately, they hire and fire so much...that the process for them and the candidate is pretty seemless.

Interview Questions

• None..it was a 10 minute interview with regional manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. I was offered a base amount of salary plus commission. I was desperate so I took it and didn't negotiate. I found out later the salary was similar to others BUT the commission structure changed often and was taxed as a bonus so more than 50 percent was taken out in taxes each month. It really affects morale when you work hard to earn a commission and then it gets taxed more heavily than a standard pay rate! Big mistake for Holiday Retirement!

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Amarillo, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you by phone & interviews you, then another person interviews you by phone, then your soon to be Regional Director interviews you on SKYPE...., then you are e-mailed by another person for background, witch took 9 days...., then when you accept the offer, 2 more people contact you from the HR department to plan travel, and training, etc....

Interview Questions

• The questions are elementary. Why would you want to work here? etc....   Answer Question

Starting off great, but went downhill fast! I spoke to a total of 6 people throughout the entire process of getting hired. GIS is their background investigator. They made a mistake on my background for something that the courts waived. All in all, I decided to go to the County Clerks office to get a certified document saying that the charge was waived. Cost $15. And after 3 days was cleared for employment. The people are friendly, but took 30 days to go through the entire process. I initially accepted the job, but got fed up with all the hoo ha and ridiculous amount of people I had to talk to in order to take the job.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2013.

Interview

35,000 basis salary plus comm.
    You work Tues - Sat. 10 hours a day. You are expected to increase census. If you have a move out then of course you and to add that move out to your expected move in quoto. I was interviewed by phone first then in person.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was not hard at all....what motivates me? I said I wanted to the best...top dog. Which I knew that is what they wanted to hear...they are all about numbers at this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they gave me an offer letter.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Being in corporate America for several years now, this is by far the Best interview process ever. Was contacted by a corporate recruiter who is very professional and knowledgeable about everything! the position, the compnay, etc. Interviewed on the phone then he set up a face to face interview the next day in one of the communities with the Regional sales leader.
    I was very well welcomed by the community Manager on site then my interview with the Regional was Amazing. Every point was explained like differences and what sets them apart from other retirement corporations. she was honest and brilliant in explianing their training process. I was VERY IMPRESSED at the professionalism, passion and the enthuthiasm.

Interview Questions

• After being in operations for such a long time, what challenges do you foresee having, and how will you tackle that challenge if any in this position of being a sales leader or sales manager so to speak?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was great room for negotiation. what I was very thrilled about is the respect in which it was handled. After my very successful interview I knew in my heart this is where I wanted to be. So when the corporate recruiter called me the following day, I was excited; however, I declined the offer because the offered amount was not appealing to me, plus I had another offer on the table from another company (But my heart was with Holiday). They were very respectful and explained they would have to get approval from more managers higher in the rank who can approve going off the "budgeted salary'' Every day however they were in contact with me updating me every step of the way. Then finally after three days or so I received a call with a different and better offer. It was not exactly what I had wanted but very close and they fought for me and met me in the middle. I could not ask for more, I am so far very impressed with the entire recruiting process. Organized, approprately paced, True ambassadors for the company, Truthful, Knowledgeable and willing to fight for the candidates they want....thats what I experienced.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter from my online resume. I was flown to Atlanta for initial interview which took about an hour. Interviewer was nice enough and only asked a few questions, she spent the whole interview typing in my answers into her computer. All seemed to go well she said she was sending me to the next step in the interview and gave me the name of the regional director who would be contacting me within a few days. Three days later I received a canned email that they had gone with another candidate.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   2 Answers