Holiday Retirement Community Sales Leader Interview Questions

2.2

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Community Sales Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

The hiring/interview process is simple, if you are comfortable with a boiler room mentality then you will do great. That is what they are looking for. Be prepared to role-play, be confident, dress professionally. The hiring process takes about a week; this is mostly because of the background check.

Interview Questions
  • There were no truly difficult or unexpected questions, it is a very straight forward interview.   View Answer
The negotiation phase is nonexistent.

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Community Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

The process was initiated by a recruiter. After passing the recruiting "sniff test", I was interviewed by the RSL (Regional Sales Leader). It was his enthusiam that prompted me to move to the next step - an interview with his boss, the RD (Regional Director). That was where a red flag waved but I chose to ignore it. The interview with the RD took less than 3 minutes - literally! (Strike 1). I read the reviews on Glassdoor and chose to ignore those - it couldn't be that bad, could it? (Strike 2). I spoke with a friend whose relative is a resident but did not heed negative input. (Strike 3). I accepted the position. What a mistake!

Interview Questions
    This is the offer - no negotiations.

Community Sales Leader Interview

interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2013.

First an interview on Skype with Corporate Recruiter which was great. He was a good interviewer and sent me to an interview with the Regional Manager. That interview was very short and he hardly asked any questions. I didn't get an offer and was initially disappointed but the turnover is very high in my area and across the country. Plus, some people I respect have very negative things to say about this organization so maybe it is best I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2013.

Recruiter contacts you by phone & interviews you, then another person interviews you by phone, then your soon to be Regional Director interviews you on SKYPE...., then you are e-mailed by another person for background, witch took 9 days...., then when you accept the offer, 2 more people contact you from the HR department to plan travel, and training, etc....

Interview Questions
    • The questions are elementary. Why would you want to work here? etc....   Answer Question

Starting off great, but went downhill fast! I spoke to a total of 6 people throughout the entire process of getting hired. GIS is their background investigator. They made a mistake on my background for something that the courts waived. All in all, I decided to go to the County Clerks office to get a certified document saying that the charge was waived. Cost $15. And after 3 days was cleared for employment. The people are friendly, but took 30 days to go through the entire process. I initially accepted the job, but got fed up with all the hoo ha and ridiculous amount of people I had to talk to in order to take the job.

Community Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2013.

35,000 basis salary plus comm.
    You work Tues - Sat. 10 hours a day. You are expected to increase census. If you have a move out then of course you and to add that move out to your expected move in quoto. I was interviewed by phone first then in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was not hard at all....what motivates me? I said I wanted to the best...top dog. Which I knew that is what they wanted to hear...they are all about numbers at this company.   Answer Question
    they gave me an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2013.

Being in corporate America for several years now, this is by far the Best interview process ever. Was contacted by a corporate recruiter who is very professional and knowledgeable about everything! the position, the compnay, etc. Interviewed on the phone then he set up a face to face interview the next day in one of the communities with the Regional sales leader.
    I was very well welcomed by the community Manager on site then my interview with the Regional was Amazing. Every point was explained like differences and what sets them apart from other retirement corporations. she was honest and brilliant in explianing their training process. I was VERY IMPRESSED at the professionalism, passion and the enthuthiasm.

Interview Questions
    • After being in operations for such a long time, what challenges do you foresee having, and how will you tackle that challenge if any in this position of being a sales leader or sales manager so to speak?   View Answer
    There was great room for negotiation. what I was very thrilled about is the respect in which it was handled. After my very successful interview I knew in my heart this is where I wanted to be. So when the corporate recruiter called me the following day, I was excited; however, I declined the offer because the offered amount was not appealing to me, plus I had another offer on the table from another company (But my heart was with Holiday). They were very respectful and explained they would have to get approval from more managers higher in the rank who can approve going off the "budgeted salary'' Every day however they were in contact with me updating me every step of the way. Then finally after three days or so I received a call with a different and better offer. It was not exactly what I had wanted but very close and they fought for me and met me in the middle. I could not ask for more, I am so far very impressed with the entire recruiting process. Organized, approprately paced, True ambassadors for the company, Truthful, Knowledgeable and willing to fight for the candidates they want....thats what I experienced.

Community Sales Leader Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter from my online resume. I was flown to Atlanta for initial interview which took about an hour. Interviewer was nice enough and only asked a few questions, she spent the whole interview typing in my answers into her computer. All seemed to go well she said she was sending me to the next step in the interview and gave me the name of the regional director who would be contacting me within a few days. Three days later I received a canned email that they had gone with another candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   View Answers (2)

Community Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

A lot of structure yet I asked the same question (What is the occupancy of the facility?) to 3 different people during the interviewing process and no one knew the answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would I close the sale? I didn't know enough about the sales protocol to answer that question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter in OR based on my charitable endeavors and not what i currently do for a living. Then i was flown to and from Atlanta from Florida in one day for an interview with a talent recruiter who asked me questions and took me on a tour of the property i was visiting. I believe i did well but not well enough to meet with the regional sales manager. After a week went by without hearing back i was pretty certain i was no longer in the running for the position so i called the recruiter who confirmed the obvious. I asked for feed back on how i could improve in a similar situation. All she said was they hired someone better qualified which was as disappointing as not getting the job. All in all very nice people but bummed out i didn't get the job or feed back.

Interview Questions
    • When a closing statement was made by a prospect what would i say next?   View Answer