Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.0

Community Sales Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Expect to tour the community or ask for a tour! Be engaging and friendly. The way you cary yourself and treat residents is considered as part of the interview.

Be open and flexible.

Co-Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Sent application letter, then telephonic interview with Regional Mgr. Then personal interview with
    facility managers. Then, confirmation of hire by Regional Mgr. The company paid our travel
    expenses from Maine to Georgia by rental car.

Invited to start work in GA. Included in "pay" was salary of $10.95, an
    apartment to live in, and all meals free.The value of all this was far
    more than the starting pay of $10.95.

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

I posted my resume online, the Regional Director of Operations called me and I interviewed with her the next day. I was directly hired over the phone...I didn't have a second interview and was offered the job within a 15 minute phone conversation. A recruiter called me to give me my offer letter and I had to provide paperwork. I started working a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one...she explained what the salary was, no benefits and that was it if I wanted the job.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

The recruiter ask you a couple questions about your background and tells you about the position over the phone. I was then scheduled for a face to face and spoke with the managers about the community. Offered the position with a couple weeks

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was "Are you aware we have bad reviews on Glassdoors?" I never heard a recruiter start off making a statement like that   Answer Question

After all the bad reviews I declined

Co Manager Interview

Initial phone interview; HR rep was friendly and professional. Face to face interview was very thorough in explaining training process, length of time, 1 week at a community and then 2 weeks sales training.

Community Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

We first applied for the position online and were contacted by recruiter via email within 2 days. She set up a phone interview with both my partner and I. The main portion of the interview consisted of her explaining the company and the role to us. There were few questions in regards to our employment history. She then scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with the regional recruiter that took place 3 days later in a city a few hours from our home. The interview took place at one of the communities. The community was beautiful and the residents seemed to be very happy. The regional recruiter was very professional and asked us standard questions in regards to our work history, skill levels, and ability for my partner and I to work together 24hrs/day. After he left the building we sat with the Senior Manager of that community and learned more information about the company and the job. The job sounded very fulfilling, salary plus bonus and paid living expenses seem to be substantial.

The recruiter told us to expect a call from the RD within the next 2 days. After 2 days of waiting and no word from the RD we contacted the recruiter to find out that the RD was out of the office that particular week but we were assured that we would hear from him the following week.

Still waiting....

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty basic. If you've had any success in management and sales you will have no problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

I applied on-line. You will then get a call. If you are a candidate the company will call you right away. If you don't get a call you may want to reapply in a month. You have 2 phone interviews then you will get a call from a Regional for a 1on1. If the Regional thinks you are a fit she will have you finish the paperwork then a contract will get signed. Then you will be going to training for a few weeks. It will be mostly on sales. They do pay your moving expenses after you have turned in you receipts. Then you will be at training community for two more weeks. You will then be with another set of Main managers. If you are unhappy with the match the company does try to re-locate you to a different community. It takes about a good year and a half to get real comfortable with the job. It you can weather the first year you will be accustomed to the way the company works. If you love people this can be very rewarding. If you only need a job, do the company and yourself a favor and don't even apply. This is not for the weary.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked if you can work with your partner?. It takes a while to get on board but you will get a job. There is a high turn over and they are always in need of managers. The central California Region has a great regional Manager Javiera Garcia. She works very hard to take care of her managers and to solve any issues that arise. This kind of work is not for everyone. I almost left a few times but hunkered down an made the best of it. Now I would not leave unless I really needed to. There is always room for improvement in any company.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Either you accept or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

4 days of emails, then quick phone interview. Flew to Dallas for 45 minutes face to face. Told we could stay in our area. After home, we were offered to go three states away.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work with your spouse 36 hours straight? Have you looked at Glassdoor?   View Answer
    Only where we would go and then we were sent somewhere else anyway.

Community Sales Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

The hiring/interview process is simple, if you are comfortable with a boiler room mentality then you will do great. That is what they are looking for. Be prepared to role-play, be confident, dress professionally. The hiring process takes about a week; this is mostly because of the background check.

Interview Questions
    • There were no truly difficult or unexpected questions, it is a very straight forward interview.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase is nonexistent.

Community Bus Driver Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2014.

I was hired to be the part time bus driver. During the interview I was told that I would be asked to "change a light-bulb once in a while." After the first day the maintenance head told me I should bring a set of clothing for "painting." I was then told by the c0-manangers that I needed to keep the coffee pots filled and clean up those areas. I have done, and will not do anything that is not associated with driving or getting things at say a hardware store and bringing them back.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been arrested for a felony? Can you pass a drug test?   Answer Question